Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

https://www.rockhall.com/events/eagles-fan-day

Eagles fan day at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

On the same day as Cleveland concert. No word about Deacon returning, and that may be affecting sales. Still a lot of unsold tickets, $99-$1000 ea.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 03-15-2022 at 09:09 AM.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - The R&R HOF didn't publicize Eagles fan day very well, did they?

And, as far as Deacon, who knows what's going on. If he wants to walk away, I can certainly understand ... It must take a tremendous toll on him trying to fill his Dad's shoes - both personally and professionally.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Wow - The R&R HOF didn't publicize Eagles fan day very well, did they?

And, as far as Deacon, who knows what's going on. If he wants to walk away, I can certainly understand ... It must take a tremendous toll on him trying to fill his Dad's shoes - both personally and professionally.
    Agreed.

I just wish the Eagles camp would stop being quiet and coy about it. And the fact they removed Glenn's picture. Are they pissed because Deacon left them high and dry, did they have a falling out, did he want to move on against the wishes of Don or the other guys, etc...who knows. But someone - either Deacon or the Eagles management needs to come clean and let the fans know one way or another. I know some people would only go to them now because Deacon was there. And who can blame them. Listening to Vince Gill attempt Eagles songs is painful IMO. But the people paying for the tickets deserve a press release/statement and transparency. If Deacon wants to move on I say go Deacon!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I wonder how many of the purchasers of the very expensive tickets realize that fully 25% of the show is now led with Vince Gill vocals. Surely tickets to a Vince Gill show are much cheaper, if that's what a person wants. In Deacon's absence, Vince leads 7 songs, Joe only 5, and Tim a paltry 2.

If Deacon is truly sick, it is certainly worrisome that it requires him to miss so much work. With many fans probably still expecting him to be there, why wouldn't they wish him well? I have read of folks saying that they were only interested if Deacon were in the shows. And eliminating any photos or mentions of Glenn just upsets people.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I wonder how many of the purchasers of the very expensive tickets realize that fully 25% of the show is now led with Vince Gill vocals. Surely tickets to a Vince Gill show are much cheaper, if that's what a person wants.
    Vince Gill did a concert here locally at a smaller venue. (Jackson Browne is scheduled to appear at the same venue in June.) The advertisements for the concert proclaimed "Vince Gill, now touring with the Eagles" as part of the commercial. Ticket price range was $23.50 to $72.

Here's the set list for that concert (no Eagles songs):
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/vince...h-b9f0d22.html

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I wonder how many of the purchasers of the very expensive tickets realize that fully 25% of the show is now led with Vince Gill vocals. Surely tickets to a Vince Gill show are much cheaper, if that's what a person wants. In Deacon's absence, Vince leads 7 songs, Joe only 5, and Tim a paltry 2.

If Deacon is truly sick, it is certainly worrisome that it requires him to miss so much work. With many fans probably still expecting him to be there, why wouldn't they wish him well? I have read of folks saying that they were only interested if Deacon were in the shows. And eliminating any photos or mentions of Glenn just upsets people.
    So many questions ... so few answers. As far as those who still are going to shows, I can't even pretend to understand if they even care who is on stage. I'm not judging, just saying that audiences today have different reasons for going to concerts than they used to.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

So many questions ... so few answers. As far as those who still are going to shows, I can't even pretend to understand if they even care who is on stage. I'm not judging, just saying that audiences today have different reasons for going to concerts than they used to.
    Hi everyone. I was on the Eagles Appreciation FB Page today to check it out. Many, many comments on this. It seemed to be about 50/50 in thinking Deacon is sick. Some think he is just tired of touring, playing with the band and wants to do other things. Others think there was a dispute with Don over money and how much Deacon should be paid. The all pointed out the Instagram post by Deacon's friend with him playing golf. There does not seem to be any info other than the statement put out by Don. Someone on the FB page stated they checked the Eagles website and all mentions of Deacon had been removed. Sad about not showing Glenn's picture but why would they when they don't need the connection or tug-at-your-heart pictures they would post with Deacon in the band. I think there is more to this than we all know. The connection with Glenn ended after Don broke his word and brought the band back again.

If they are now removing references to Deacon, are people who know the latest developments seriously still buying the BS about DF being sick?! Gullible.

It's over, folks! Not the 3.0 band of course, just having the blood that they said they couldn't do it without and that all of the pro-3.0 crowd said made the continuance of the band okay.

Shameful...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

That was my thought from the beginning and my take on that wasn't well received by those who were in support of Don and Co touring as the Eagles.

It's certainly true now though. It's not a judgment, it's just the sad reality of the situation.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    If they are now removing references to Deacon, are people who know the latest developments seriously still buying the BS about DF being sick?! Gullible.

It's over, folks! Not the 3.0 band of course, just having the blood that they said they couldn't do it without and that all of the pro-3.0 crowd said made the continuance of the band okay.

Shameful...
    I don't wish to say negative stuff in this thread too much, but there's a similar thing going on with Kiss, which, of course, is a band I love. I realize that lots of people disagree with me and this is only how I feel, but IMO both bands are going through a situation where there's been a huge change and people keep, IMHO, changing their standars. Kiss fans were with Paul and Gene when they bashed artists who lip-sync. Well, when Paul started lip-syncing, it was suddenly acceptable, because it's "about the "show". Tommy and Eric wearing Ace's and Peter's makeup became an ok thing, because suddenly it wasn't about Ace and Peter anymore. It was about the spaceman and the catman.

With the Eagles this situation was acceptable because Deacon was there. If he's not anymore, will there be a new reason that makes it ok?