Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Sorry Dreamer, I did not see WC's post when I posted my two cents...... Makes more sense now. That group should have known about the license requirement. Don gave them to Ok to perform HC but they changed it to Led Zep. I fell bad for all those people who purchased tickets for the show. Hopefully they can reschedule it for a later date.

So apparently the guy in charge of this just brazenly made up bald-faced lies about the Eagles and Azoff and emailed them to disappointed customers to cover his own mistake. Nice.

What a loser.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So apparently the guy in charge of this just brazenly made up bald-faced lies about the Eagles and Azoff and emailed them to disappointed customers to cover his own mistake. Nice.

What a loser.
    It sure seems that way. The sad thing is everyone will know about the claim to pay $10k per song and few will hear/know that was not true.

Hmm. As Dreamer said, the truth is probably in the middle. I can definitely see Azoff being greedy (an understatement if you ask me), but if that guy made that up, he's a loser, as Soda stated.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"Just 'cuz ya wrote 'em, don't mean you can play 'em!" -
    ​Joe Walsh

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Speaking of Azoff, here's a recent article about him. It's a bit too fawning and I wish they hadn't used the title of Randy's song (even Glenn called it Randy's song!) but that's just me.
    http://v1.hitsdailydouble.com/rainma...qMsEYniRHKIz7c

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Speaking of Azoff, here's a recent article about him. It's a bit too fawning and I wish they hadn't used the title of Randy's song (even Glenn called it Randy's song!) but that's just me.
    http://v1.hitsdailydouble.com/rainma...qMsEYniRHKIz7c
    Thanks for that. There is a bit about Glenn's death buried in there:
    "'Azoff was devastated by the death of Frey in January 2016. 'Glenn Frey was a huge business, music, and golf influence on me,' he told us. 'It’s like losing a broth-er. It will never be the same. He was beloved by so many—and I don’t mean just industry people. He did so much, and he was a regular guy.' When asked about the key to the partnership of Glenn and Don, who seemed like such opposites yet complemented each other so beautifully, Irving responded, ' Mutual respect and knowing that they each brought something different to the table.'”

I found the term "Golf influence" odd but still, overall, it was a very nice thing to say.

Still, the fact that he has been dishonest in his dealings seems to come up in these interviews regularly, and it always astonishes me that he doesn't seem to be ashamed of that fact, nor does it seem to bother anyone else. Still, that confession was from 1978. Perhaps since then, he has changed his ways.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten