Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Hi everyone its been a while! I was at the New Orleans concert and just want to provide some context since the review leaves a lot of the details out. I was in the twelfth row and had a good view of the stage. Don thought someone was filming a bootleg of the concert. He noticed it halfway through the first set and went off to the side and had a conversation with someone about it. After the set wrapped whatever he saw was still there so he decided to handle it himself. He let the audience know someone was filming the entire concert and then told the guy to put his phone away or he'd come up there and shove it up his butt. The audience cheered when he said it. After the intermission he apologized to everyone for his outburst and let us know he had been misinformed and didn't have all the facts. Not sure what was actually going on on the suite level but the review makes it sound like Don randomly called someone out and that wasn't the case. Plenty of people a lot closer to the stage were filming clips and he didn't say anything about it.
    Good to "see" you again, Whitcap! Typical of some writers to leave out important details for a more sensationalized story! But I think Don should let security handle it discreetly, since the audience wasn't aware of it (as in a heckler, etc.)
    What did you think of the show? Since Deacon made an appearance, did they show Glenn's photo? Sounds like great seats.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

I don't know where else to put this.... But, I saw on the Eagles App. FB site that Deacon and his GF expect a baby in December.
    Deacon was back for a couple of shows.

Hi NKIT! I saw that too, but I wonder about the validity of that report. Several folks referred to it as a rumor, and I found nothing about it elsewhere. Just today I got a facebook request from an artist I follow. I have also had what appeared to be artists engaging in conversation and posting photos. But they have said that their photos and name have been hijacked, with scams calling their account an "official" fan site. Some try to rip people off, and others just get a kick out of misleading people. With facebook, you should look for the blue checkmark by their name if valid.
    Now, it very well could be true (and exiting if it was), but I'm afraid I have become very skeptical of social media.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Hi FF hope you had a good thanksgiving and are doing well.
    I am skeptical of all social media, especially with people like Musk and Mark Z. The person that posted that said Deacon and his GF had a baby reg. site but made it private after fans discovered it. She said he also closed his Instagram account. So, who knows. If true, Ii wish them well.

Yeah, I do wonder sometimes about the validity of things but if they took down the post *after* it became publicly shared then I'd say it's accurate and especially so if Deacon felt the need to deactivate/delete his Instagram account. I think we might be seeing Deacon wanting to get out of the spotlight and public life and pursue his own life.

If so, congrats to Deacon.