Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I don't wish to say negative stuff in this thread too much, but there's a similar thing going on with Kiss, which, of course, is a band I love. I realize that lots of people disagree with me and this is only how I feel, but IMO both bands are going through a situation where there's been a huge change and people keep, IMHO, changing their standars. Kiss fans were with Paul and Gene when they bashed artists who lip-sync. Well, when Paul started lip-syncing, it was suddenly acceptable, because it's "about the "show". Tommy and Eric wearing Ace's and Peter's makeup became an ok thing, because suddenly it wasn't about Ace and Peter anymore. It was about the spaceman and the catman.

With the Eagles this situation was acceptable because Deacon was there. If he's not anymore, will there be a new reason that makes it ok?
    I think there will be for some folks. Some folks won't care. And maybe one or two will say I'm not going/this isn't okay or feel lied to (because they were).

The only way I see the lack of Deacon affecting those who were already going to 3.0 shows and keeping them from going or buying tix is if Deacon perhaps came out publicly and claimed bad treatment from Don and shared information that puts the rest of the guys in a bad light. And I can't imagine it would be conflict with Tim or Joe or even ol' Vince. It'd probably be clashing with Don or Irving or both. Don always played second fiddle to Glenn until 2016 and while they both lead the band on paper compared to the other members, Glenn had the final word even over Don. Even Don admitted that much openly. Now he doesn't have to defer or compromise if he doesn't want to. He doesn't have to resign to accepting Deacon's final say the way he did with Glenn. But then again, maybe that wouldn't be enough. I think some went to those shows because they were more interested in Don from the start and if that's the case, having Deacon in the band may have been an excuse in their mind at the time or maybe they just didn't care.

In my mind if they were ok with it before then nothing will change. Only those who were truly Glenn fans that believed Deacon being in the band made it okay might take issue. But I think those people are as rare as unicorns.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think there will be for some folks. Some folks won't care. And maybe one or two will say I'm not going/this isn't okay or feel lied to (because they were).

The only way I see the lack of Deacon affecting those who were already going to 3.0 shows and keeping them from going or buying tix is if Deacon perhaps came out publicly and claimed bad treatment from Don and shared information that puts the rest of the guys in a bad light. And I can't imagine it would be conflict with Tim or Joe or even ol' Vince. It'd probably be clashing with Don or Irving or both. Don always played second fiddle to Glenn until 2016 and while they both lead the band on paper compared to the other members, Glenn had the final word even over Don. Even Don admitted that much openly. Now he doesn't have to defer or compromise if he doesn't want to. He doesn't have to resign to accepting Deacon's final say the way he did with Glenn. But then again, maybe that wouldn't be enough. I think some went to those shows because they were more interested in Don from the start and if that's the case, having Deacon in the band may have been an excuse in their mind at the time or maybe they just didn't care.

In my mind if they were ok with it before then nothing will change. Only those who were truly Glenn fans that believed Deacon being in the band made it okay might take issue. But I think those people are as rare as unicorns.
    I’m a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Bat Ears View Post
    I’m a unicorn.
    LOL, well I'm glad to know there are those of you that exist.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

The Country Music Hall of Fame will be opening a long term exhibit called "Western Edge: The Roots and Reverberations of Los Angeles Country Rock" in September. They will have a concert to celebrate, including Bernie Leadon, Jeff Hanna, Richie Furay, Chris Hillman, Herb Pederson, etc.

https://www.mainstreet-nashville.com...312d0c6bc.html
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Thanks for the heads-up! I am going to try my best to attend!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That sounds really interesting. Would be lovely to attend, although unlikely I could. Go for it if you can Soda.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Some interesting things in this write-up of the New Orleans show.
    https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...U68nQgZa3GlmzE
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I just had to laugh when Don said he would go up there and shove it up their butt. I'd sure like to see Don try! What a jerk thing to say to someone paying so much money (even up there!) to see a band that is a shadow of what it once was. Not surprised but I think his mouth overrunneth his brain at that point. Glad he apologized but still, this stuff gets old. To me it's just so out of touch with anything bordering on reality and quite rude. And I say this as a person who in recent months has elected to drop the majority of my own social media and get rid of Facebook and Twitter and have only very little on Instagram and have cut back on time spent on Instagram as well. It doesn't matter. People will use their phones in 2022. To resist this is futile, dumb, and pretty oppressive regardless of how you feel about it. But at the same time, Don Henley will never change and I/we need to accept that. And I'm ok with the fact he's got a right to his beliefs as long as they don't step on mine. Sadly, those concertgoers singled out were stepped on.

The best way to have handled this if it were that upsetting was after the next song, quickly and temporarily walk offstage before the next song starts to the closest stagehand and ask them to tell Eagles security to go remove them/warn them/etc and roughly what section they were in and then walk back to center stage. Do it during guitar changes. To do it intentionally in an embarrassing fashion and especially to suggest physical intervention even if you weren't remotely serious was just too much. Even if they weren't supposed to be filming. You have a right to not have them do it but let the right people for the job do those jobs and just sing your songs and exchange pleasantries with your audience, not barbs. I think back to how I was chided before my last Eagles show for having my phone out before the opening act even started and all the house lights were on. It's an almost authoritarian/totalitarian form of control at that point. At that point you can't use the "it bothers other people", "the lights hurt my eyes", "videography is theft", etc excuses. At that point it's just Don doesn't like new things and no one can enjoy said new things at his party anywhere near the party or even before it starts. It was weird.

Hi everyone its been a while! I was at the New Orleans concert and just want to provide some context since the review leaves a lot of the details out. I was in the twelfth row and had a good view of the stage. Don thought someone was filming a bootleg of the concert. He noticed it halfway through the first set and went off to the side and had a conversation with someone about it. After the set wrapped whatever he saw was still there so he decided to handle it himself. He let the audience know someone was filming the entire concert and then told the guy to put his phone away or he'd come up there and shove it up his butt. The audience cheered when he said it. After the intermission he apologized to everyone for his outburst and let us know he had been misinformed and didn't have all the facts. Not sure what was actually going on on the suite level but the review makes it sound like Don randomly called someone out and that wasn't the case. Plenty of people a lot closer to the stage were filming clips and he didn't say anything about it.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Hi everyone its been a while! I was at the New Orleans concert and just want to provide some context since the review leaves a lot of the details out. I was in the twelfth row and had a good view of the stage. Don thought someone was filming a bootleg of the concert. He noticed it halfway through the first set and went off to the side and had a conversation with someone about it. After the set wrapped whatever he saw was still there so he decided to handle it himself. He let the audience know someone was filming the entire concert and then told the guy to put his phone away or he'd come up there and shove it up his butt. The audience cheered when he said it. After the intermission he apologized to everyone for his outburst and let us know he had been misinformed and didn't have all the facts. Not sure what was actually going on on the suite level but the review makes it sound like Don randomly called someone out and that wasn't the case. Plenty of people a lot closer to the stage were filming clips and he didn't say anything about it.
    Well, that is reassuring. Still, I feel bad for the person/people he singled out if they weren't in fact filming the whole show. You can't take back having your audience cheer or the imposed public humiliation. Safe to say, those people probably won't be back to another show. IMO the better way to have handled it is still behind-the-scenes. Now if you have someone hurting someone, being inappropriate, etc that's fine to call them out in front of everyone in shame because clearly they were deserving of it and were in the wrong.