I've read a couple of versions of this story now (both links posted here) and this is an incredible story! So sad... and unreal.

My husband and I were avid watchers of the television show that Jack and Ozzy Osborne did where they traveled to different places across country. In one episode, they went to Iron Mountain, a place with high security that maintains a photography and images vault in a limestone cavern. They also mentioned that the Sony vault is there.

Here's an article about it:
https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/busi...s-iron-moutain

I am also familiar with the restoration of old nitrate film, which, if I remember correctly, is just disappearing on its own if not treated. There is a place at Wright Patt Air Force base nearby that is in charge of some of the restoration and storage. It's a very precise and delicate process to repair and store this film.

But... it almost sounds like these masters were stashed in a warehouse. No... just... no! And will we ever know what was actually lost? The artists themselves don't seem to know. I hope an entire accounting of what is missing can come to light at some point.

Such a loss.