Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
Hi everyone its been a while! I was at the New Orleans concert and just want to provide some context since the review leaves a lot of the details out. I was in the twelfth row and had a good view of the stage. Don thought someone was filming a bootleg of the concert. He noticed it halfway through the first set and went off to the side and had a conversation with someone about it. After the set wrapped whatever he saw was still there so he decided to handle it himself. He let the audience know someone was filming the entire concert and then told the guy to put his phone away or he'd come up there and shove it up his butt. The audience cheered when he said it. After the intermission he apologized to everyone for his outburst and let us know he had been misinformed and didn't have all the facts. Not sure what was actually going on on the suite level but the review makes it sound like Don randomly called someone out and that wasn't the case. Plenty of people a lot closer to the stage were filming clips and he didn't say anything about it.
Good to "see" you again, Whitcap! Typical of some writers to leave out important details for a more sensationalized story! But I think Don should let security handle it discreetly, since the audience wasn't aware of it (as in a heckler, etc.)
What did you think of the show? Since Deacon made an appearance, did they show Glenn's photo? Sounds like great seats.