Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

An absolutely terrible article, but worth the read somehow to give you an idea of how some think about our guys. It ends how it starts with the title "The Case Against the Eagles".

https://www.theringer.com/music/2021...enley-50-years
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    An absolutely terrible article, but worth the read somehow to give you an idea of how some think about our guys. It ends how it starts with the title "The Case Against the Eagles".

https://www.theringer.com/music/2021...enley-50-years

You're correect. It IS a terrible article. Why "critics" insist on dissing perfectly talented musicians, yet praise those using auto tune and and have no talent, is beyond my comprehension.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah these critics with their 'holier than thou' attitude truly annoy me. She summarize this 'critique' by saying "The more the Eagles won, the angrier they got". Methinks she must have been looking in the mirror. Surely, there is no underlying jealousy of those who had much more success than she.

Wow! Just Wow!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah these critics with their 'holier than thou' attitude truly annoy me. She summarize this 'critique' by saying "The more the Eagles won, the angrier they got". Methinks she must have been looking in the mirror. Surely, there is no underlying jealousy of those who had much more success than she.

Wow! Just Wow!
    Well, yeah. A member of a "garage punk" band..not the most popular genre, launching a tirade on the biggest US band ever. I detest this type of "critique", where they fail to find legitimate complaints about them musically, so they instead rip them for (what THEY say are) their opinions, attitudes, and intentions. This woman looks as if she wasn't even around during most of their nearly 50 years, but somehow knows the climate of the times and what they were thinking. She thinks their music hasn't aged well because....(let's forget they still sell like crazy) I dunno. Didn't she show the intelligence of her opinion by using seldom used words like "unctuousness" and "solipsism"? The others' complaints were as ridiculous as hers. Not personally liking an act is no reason to declare their legacy unimportant. "Knockoffs" and "deplorables"? My foot!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

She must have really been an angry kid who always got her way. If she didn't like it, it was no good. She seems to like using those great big words to show her" intelligence" but then tops it with four letter words that really show her true self. I don't know maybe I grew up in a different time zone, in a different LA. I certainly remember a different feeling in the LA music scene. It switched from NY to LA, which seems to have ticked her off. The music of the time came from music from before. Writers are influenced by what they listened to as kids growing up, by the area they lived in and how they feel when they are writing. Some, like Don can come up with words for almost any song and some like Glenn are good with the music.
    The way they acted was a way of the times. I remember when CS&N was first thought of as a folk group. If you here in LA at the time, as I was, it was all happening it was great. New artist, new sounds blending of rock and roll with country. It was great. There was so many places you could go to and listen to different types of music and listen to people just starting out.
    As far as Don getting his lawyers after people that were basically taking his songs and changing some words to fit them, why shouldn't he. I think they learned, in some ways, the hard way about protecting their music. If you cover someones song you use their words and you pay to do it. That's the business.

Of course, I was being sarcastic about her vocabulary. And Scamp, I also agree with Don about the use of his lyrics. Songwriters' work should be respected just as anyone else's. They work hard to craft these songs, and should be paid for their use. Why should it be okay to be lazy and take someone else's work, act as if it were your own, and benefit from it monetarily, while its creator gets nothing? A songwriter carefully crafts a song to say just what he wants to say. Is it any surprise that they would be upset if someone changes it without permission?
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Agreed, everyone. It is asinine.

Omg! I saw this article what a twit!! How about when she stated that the BBQs when she was a kid ...
    All the harmonies, honky-tonk men, and scarlet women made me intuitively uncomfortable.
    Really? This makes you uncomfortable? Lol but I guess you’re right at home with WAP. What a joke.

the whole rambling rant is such a waste. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what was the point with this?

Asinine is putting it mildly.

Stuck on the Border

I didn't bother to read it, but it's always hilarious when people devote so much time and energy to writing about something thet can't stand.

Stuck on the Border

I didn't bother to read it, but it's always hilarious when people devote so much time, thought and energy to writing about something they can't stand.