Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 116

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

  1. #101
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,009

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Continuing on the fire that destroyed the masters:

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...5lf?li=BBnbhK0



    And more on the fire (and a continuation of the list of artists involved):
    https://www.spin.com/2019/06/univers...ng-jawbreaker/

    I have a feeling this story is just starting to be told...

    For sure. However, Azoff commenting on Steely Dan but not the Eagles is interesting. Of course, I'm sure they reached out to him and asked him to comment upon the Steely Dan masters since he was the only one who had made any inquiries before this article. Still, his "who knows" response, and apparent lack of interest in pursuing it further, is a bit surprising compared to other peoples' responses... especially considering his reputation. I suppose if the possession of the physical masters was nothing but a power play and a matter of principle, - ie, I don't really need them but they shouldn't have them because they're mine - then it could be something to shrug off as a pity but not that important. Certainly the article and Don's 2011 comments don't characterize it that way, though.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  2. #102
    Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    There is an article/interview in the July 2019 CLASSIC ROCK magazine with Don Felder. Interesting, but nothing new except the group photo of our guys. Or the photo is new to me. It is a great shot of Glenn! LOVE it!!

  3. #103
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,545

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Thanks for the heads up, HB. I know you don't post photos on the board, but if you can send me a copy of it, I'll post it the Eagles picture thread.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  4. #104
    Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,071

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, HB. I know you don't post photos on the board, but if you can send me a copy of it, I'll post it the Eagles picture thread.
    Hi Dreamer - I emailed the photo to you. Thank you!!

  5. #105
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,009

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    For sure. However, Azoff commenting on Steely Dan but not the Eagles is interesting. Of course, I'm sure they reached out to him and asked him to comment upon the Steely Dan masters since he was the only one who had made any inquiries before this article. Still, his "who knows" response, and apparent lack of interest in pursuing it further, is a bit surprising compared to other peoples' responses... especially considering his reputation. I suppose if the possession of the physical masters was nothing but a power play and a matter of principle, - ie, I don't really need them but they shouldn't have them because they're mine - then it could be something to shrug off as a pity but not that important. Certainly the article and Don's 2011 comments don't characterize it that way, though.
    This story made me think of our discussion:

    Taylor Swift Paints Scooter Braun as Manipulative Bully

    "Some fun facts about today’s news: I learned about Scooter Bruan's purchase of my masters as it was announced to the world. All I could think about was the incessant, manipulative bullying I’ve received at his hands for years. [...] When I left my masters in Scott’s hands, I made peace with the fact that eventually he would sell them. Never in my worst nightmares did I imagine the buyer would be Scooter. Any time Scott Borchetta has heard the words ‘Scooter Braun’ escape my lips, it was when I was either crying or trying not to. He knew what he was doing; they both did. Controlling a woman who didn’t want to be associated with them. In perpetuity. That means forever."

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  6. #106
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Hey friends, been away for awhile have a lot to catch up on!

    Please forgive if this has already been posted here or elsewhere ...

    Eagles perform in Monaco free concert in honor of Prince Albert II wedding

    https://people.com/royals/prince-alb...g-anniversary/


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  7. #107
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,009

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hey friends, been away for awhile have a lot to catch up on!

    Please forgive if this has already been posted here or elsewhere ...

    Eagles perform in Monaco free concert in honor of Prince Albert II wedding

    https://people.com/royals/prince-alb...g-anniversary/

    Hi Dawn! Good to see you!

    I remember hearing about this when it happened back in 2011. I had forgotten, though, that a free concert was a part of it - I'd thought it was just a private show. How cool! Hard to believe it was eight years ago.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  8. #108
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    20,835

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Wow, a FREE concert!

    I had forgotten about it all! Thanks Dawn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

  9. #109
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    18,545

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    WB Dawn - We've missed you! I vaguely remember this, but I didn't realize it was a free concert either.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  10. #110
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,310

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    I remembered the picture of the guys with Prince Albert and Princess Charlene, but i didn't know it was for a concert the night before their wedding. I don't know why I thought it was for his birthday.

    Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

    I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •