Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 185

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

  1. #141
    Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,104

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Yes Dreamer - we definitely need to make another trip there since you were not able to make it last time. And thank you Pippin, we will for sure let you know!
    I had a wonderful time when Soda and I made the trek there (in 2015?). It seems so long ago!

  2. #142
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,491

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Yes Dreamer - we definitely need to make another trip there since you were not able to make it last time. And thank you Pippin, we will for sure let you know!
    I had a wonderful time when Soda and I made the trek there (in 2015?). It seems so long ago!
    No, it was 2014, on the fourth of July weekend. Over five years ago now. Happy times!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  3. #143
    Border Rebel Pippinwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Ladies, next time, come in the fall. July is too blasted HOT! October is good! Or even November!

  4. #144
    Border Troubadour KingWalsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Ultimate classic rock posted this today...in case you're interested. a fun read, regarding who sang the most Eagles songs.

    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagl...-vocals-songs/

  5. #145
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,396

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Ultimate classic rock posted this today...in case you're interested. a fun read, regarding who sang the most Eagles songs.

    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagl...-vocals-songs/
    I know Glenn said it was his decision to have Don sing most of the songs, but I wish that hadn't been so. What I really miss, though, is how they used to trade leads on some of the songs... so glad they did that again on How Long.

  6. #146
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,063

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I know Glenn said it was his decision to have Don sing most of the songs, but I wish that hadn't been so. What I really miss, though, is how they used to trade leads on some of the songs... so glad they did that again on How Long.
    Hi CA - I could not agree more ! I feel one thing that was great about the Eagles was when they had more than one person singing all the songs. I really loved when Don and Glenn split the vocals like the did in the early days. HC should have had Glenn singing at least one more song. I would go for LITFL - perfect for him.

  7. #147
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    21,444

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Ultimate classic rock posted this today...in case you're interested. a fun read, regarding who sang the most Eagles songs.

    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagl...-vocals-songs/
    Too bad they couldn't get the song No More Walks in the Wood right! Called Wood Road four times! (that I counted)

    I miss them all singing too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

  8. #148
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    19,440

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Yep - I've been saying for a long time that I thought Glenn should have sang Life in the Fast Lane. I've heard him perform the song live and he does a great job with it. I'm not saying it would have been a better song with Glenn doing it, but I think it would have been equally as good. Besides he was the one that had the concept for the song and when he heard Joe playing that now famous riff, he immediately thought 'Hey, that's life in the fast lane'. I wish he hadn't had the mindset that Don's voice was better suited for the rockier uptempo songs. I mean heck - if he could pull off Heartache Tonight and even win a grammy for best rock vocal performance, then he surely could have done justice to LIFL.

    And just one other observation about Don's lop-sided number of lead vocals. You have to take into consideration that he gets credits for lead vocals in songs where he only sings a a few lines like Ol' 55, After the Thrill Is Gone, and What Do I Do with My Heart. I totally agree that I love the songs where Don and Glenn share lead vocals, but, in some cases, for example, Do Something or Teenage Jail, does it really add anything to the song to have another vocalist come in just for a couple of lines?
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 02-28-2020 at 10:47 PM.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  9. #149
    Border Troubadour KingWalsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Too bad they couldn't get the song No More Walks in the Wood right! Called Wood Road four times! (that I counted).

    I noticed that too! Maybe they have the same cruddy auto correct as my kindle! Ha ha. I can't tell you how many things it botches, and I'll fix in post preview on here and then when I officially post , somehow it gets messed up again....I know it's the kindle too because I have problems with email too

  10. #150
    Moderator Brooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
    Posts
    21,444

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    I noticed that too! Maybe they have the same cruddy auto correct as my kindle! Ha ha. I can't tell you how many things it botches, and I'll fix in post preview on here and then when I officially post , somehow it gets messed up again....I know it's the kindle too because I have problems with email too
    That could be too, KW.

    Many times I've typed the word I wanted to use and then look back and it has 'corrected' it to what they think it should be.

    And being ocd about it I then have to go correct it to what I wanted!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •