Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Yeah, Shun...I feel so sorry for you being young, LOL! I was just young at a great time to be young, musically speaking.
    ETG, I'll be sure to look you up when I find that darned old time machine. You'll have to drive to the concert, because I was never the driver on those occasions. I will pitch in 3 or 4 bucks for gas, about half a tank!

A lot of my favorite singers and groups are the 70s. The Bee Gees, The Osmonds, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac etc. I wish I saw them at the peak of their career. I want I want to experience madness of the crazy fans. LOL

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

My My, sounds good to me. I can definitely do that! That 3 or 4 bucks for gas will probably take me from my home to the center of our small town!

Shun, when My My finds that time machine, I will pick you up along the way.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They always say there's nothing in the vault... and it's never true!
    LOL - So true soda! I don't know why Don keeps saying this when we all know it's bs. Every time they talk about "going into the vault" they seem to find new material.

Shun - The 70's were a great time to be a kid music wise. So many good groups. I'm glad I was able to experience it. If they make a time machine I'd be more than happy to spend it with you or anyone who wanted to. I'd even pay for your train fare to MSG.

The late 60's early 70's were the best of times and the worst of times.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

A recent Henry Diltz attracted some interesting comments about Eagles and Gram Parsons. To summarise, they asked Gram to join but he turned them down.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    A recent Henry Diltz attracted some interesting comments about Eagles and Gram Parsons. To summarise, they asked Gram to join but he turned them down.
    UTW - Do yo think this is true ? I have never heard of this in any of the hundreds of articles I read. Besides, Gram was a total junkie/mess then and barely able to perform from what I have read.

Stuck on the Border

I can't tell if it's true, but it seems plausible to me. Although the poster is specific about when he met Don and Glenn, the actual invitation could have been several years earlier. I believe Bernie heard of Gram's death just as he arrived in London to record OTB. As two songs on the album are inspired by/about Gram ("My Man" and "Good Day in Hell"), it wouldn't be too surprising for them to talk about him on the tour for the album.

It's not impossible, but I find it doubtful, too. Surely it would have been mentioned in HOTE or in one of the many books about the Eagles, or in books/articles about Gram Parsons for that matter.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Gram Parsons called the Eagles 'bubblegum'. If there was a band he wanted to join, it was the Rolling Stones.

The commenter needed to have been a great deal more specific if he wished his claim to be believed.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-05-2018 at 06:54 PM.