Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If Glenn's photo is not being shown and he's not being mentioned, it seems like there's more going on than a temporary absence. That takes re-coordinating aspects of the show.

Did Don think people wouldn't want to look at a photo of Glenn if someone besides his son was singing? That's ridiculous. People would never be adverse to seeing an image of Glenn or at least hearing a shout out to him. These are Eagles fans! I think it's more likely he's hoping they can finally emerge from Glenn's shadow. Showing Glenn's image and giving him a shout out distracts from who is singing at the time. Perhaps Don doesn't want a split focus anymore. Let's not think about him right now.

If that's the case, then Deacon won't be back... and all that talk back in 2017 about how continuing the Eagles was only "justified" if there was with Frey "family blood" in the band was BS.

I guess we'll see.
    Hopefully, Deacon gets well soon. And, I've always believed all that talk back in 2017 about how continuing the Eagles was only "justified" if there was Frey "family blood" in the band has always been BS, so I wouldn't be at all shocked if they were to continue without Deacon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

If Deacon was indeed sick I certainly would have expected him to be mentioned. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they had a cautious, temporary "let's show respect for Glenn so no one gets angry" phase.

While many have suggested Covid, that doesn't seem likely to me. Young, healthy, and vaccinated people don't generally stay sick very long. I have worried about Glenn's kids, with both their parents having auto-immune disease. But the way they are handling this just makes me contemplate many scenarios that don't involve illness.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

I remember reading somewhere that Deacon was seen at a golf tournament during the weekend...

Even if one or more persons are unhappy, I see no reason to stop honoring the band's founder.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Boy this doesn't look good *at all*, folks.

If Deacon was at a golf tournament during the weekend, I think Soda could be very well right and frankly I am just without words when I hear about them removing Glenn's picture... But I will say I always thought the "need the Frey blood" thing was ridiculous BS on the part of Don. I just think that this is just so distasteful. But it's no surprise.

I have to be very honest, this possibility never crossed my mind when I read that the other day. I just took it at face value and thought how they'd get around DF being sick...

If they take away Glenn's picture, don't mention him, and certainly don't mention Deacon's absence in any regard - this is looking like what I said it was all along - a shameless money grab and a need for control of the band on the part of Don Henley. If Deacon wanted to stop playing with the guys, that's fine. Make a press release saying Deacon is moving on and we wish him well, etc. If Deacon was fired, be transparent about it. But still why get rid of Glenn Frey's picture?! You know, the leader of the band and co-founder. So, so wrong.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Actually I saw it in a Facebook comment that there was a picture on his friend's Instagram page where Deacon could be seen at a golf tournament over the weekend. So it's not necesarily true. The information need to be verified.😄

Stuck on the Border

And even if he was at.a golf tournamed, maybe his doctor told him to not work, but not to stay home. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Actually I saw it in a Facebook comment that there was a picture on his friend's Instagram page where Deacon could be seen at a golf tournament over the weekend. So it's not necesarily true. The information need to be verified.😄
    Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    And even if he was at.a golf tournamed, maybe his doctor told him to not work, but not to stay home. 🤔
    This is very true, but still why no mention of Deacon's absence and why on earth remove Glenn's picture and mentions of him? It is possible he's on vocal rest or something, but those other factors make it harder for me to believe. Even if he wasn't seen at a golf tournament, it doesn't add up here.

I smell a rat here...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    This is very true, but still why no mention of Deacon's absence and why on earth remove Glenn's picture and mentions of him? It is possible he's on vocal rest or something, but those other factors make it harder for me to believe. Even if he wasn't seen at a golf tournament, it doesn't add up here.

I smell a rat here...
    It's weird, that's for sure.