Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    It's not exactly in "the press", but I thought this was just funny. And I needed a laugh today. Saw it on Facebook. One of the mods can move it to a more apropos thread if need be. Hope someone else gets a chuckle from it, too.

lol! Too cute!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I was at Barnes & Noble this week and saw a really lovely book - "Rock and Roll Woman" (The 50 Fiercest Female Rockers) by Meredith Ochs. I thumbed thru it and it was well designed with many photos. I loved the style of it and it had some of my favorites - Stevie, Christine, Tina Turner and my all time fave - Linda Ronstadt. I flipped over to Linda's chapter and was dismayed to see "Henley would induct her into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014".
    Back on the shelf it went!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I was at Barnes & Noble this week and saw a really lovely book - "Rock and Roll Woman" (The 50 Fiercest Female Rockers) by Meredith Ochs. I thumbed thru it and it was well designed with many photos. I loved the style of it and it had some of my favorites - Stevie, Christine, Tina Turner and my all time fave - Linda Ronstadt. I flipped over to Linda's chapter and was dismayed to see "Henley would induct her into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014".
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, good grief.

SO. LAME.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Smart move, HB. When someone can't get their facts right, they lose all credibility with me. Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus - "false in one thing, false in everything."

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Eagles Mentions in the Press

I am going to lock the old press thread and move over some posts since it has exceeded 3,000 posts.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

I was listening to Volume on Sirius Xm this morning and the conversation was new music movies coming out soon or in development. One of the hosts mentioned briefly that The Eagles MIGHT be in talks about doing something in the same style of the Prince movie currently in production.

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I listen to the show every morning and they cover this topic frequently, not once had they ever mentioned the boys making a studio movie.

Am I the only one who thinks that doing it set as a western would be outrageously cool?
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along

While the idea is cool on the surface, I have some qualms about it. Namely the fact it would be without Glenn as an active participant, and the fact that HOTE is going to be hard to beat. For me it's "THE" film.

I would personally not want it as a Western. The further the Eagles can get from the Desperado album the better for me. The whole outlaw thing and western gunfighters and cowboys is lost on me completely. I don't like that kind of music either.

I'd rather see it as a Sunset Strip excess ragged rockstars kind of thing, just what I'm into. I like 70s classic rock, hard rock, and 80s hair/glam metal though, so there you go! The country I like is the new stuff that borrows more influences from RNB, EDM, Rock, Hiphop, etc. Basically the stuff that doesn't sound like country. lol I cringe when I hear banjos, fiddles, and mandolins! The sound of pedal steel is nails on a chalkboard. The twangy stuff is just offputting.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."