Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately89 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that doing it set as a western would be outrageously cool?
    I wish they would have done this in the 70's with Desperado. I've watched the film Young Guns and have been watching the western television channel Grit TV along with reruns of classic western tv shows on TV Land and and thought about this for a while. I shamelessly even came up with a storyline that involved them along with Jackson Browne & JD Souther who are in the photograph on the back cover of the vinyl record and even Dan Fogelberg whose 1974 Souvenirs album cover reminds me of a character in a western film too.

Getting back on topic I have to say that I too have a qualm about Glenn not being an active participant as well. I have so enjoyed watching the HOTE documentary film that I think anything else would be hard to beat even in this era without Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFan86 View Post
    Getting back on topic I have to say that I too have a qualm about Glenn not being an active participant as well. I have so enjoyed watching the HOTE documentary film that I think anything else would be hard to beat even in this era without Glenn.
    Agreed!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I've never heard anything about this. Are we talking about a docudrama or a documentary? I'm nervous about it being done without Glenn as well... hmm. The more I think about, the more I'm thinking it might not be a good idea.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

One of the hosts mentioned briefly that The Eagles MIGHT be in talks about doing something in the same style of the Prince movie currently in production.
    This sounds pretty iffy. I imagine there are a lot of Hollywood would-be projects that “might be in talks” esp. given all the re-makes and sequels that the film industry spews out regularly these days, i.e they’re running out of original ideas.

Although, with the huge success of “Bohemian Rhapsody” (w/o the input of Freddy Mercury obviously), there’s a lot of incentive to go after the next big music artist from yesteryear.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The Eagles rank #14 ($56 million) for Highest Paid Musicians of 2018. Some of that is due to the sales of their recent re-issues, probably.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma.../#3dc726dd4151

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This sounds pretty iffy. I imagine there are a lot of Hollywood would-be projects that “might be in talks” esp. given all the re-makes and sequels that the film industry spews out regularly these days, i.e they’re running out of original ideas.

Although, with the huge success of “Bohemian Rhapsody” (w/o the input of Freddy Mercury obviously), there’s a lot of incentive to go after the next big music artist from yesteryear.
    It was being talked about being done the same way Across the Universe was done. Which is how the new Prince movie is going to be, basically a musical with the artists' catalog. I think having ANY new Eagles content would be awesome. Using Glenn as an excuse to not keep building on their catalog doesn't make sense to me since the band has shown no sign of slowing down without him.

I LOVED Bohemian Rhapsody, even with it's inaccuracies. Freddie's last instructions to his manager, Miami, were to do what he wanted with his songs as long as he didn't make him boring, it was far from.

That being said, we all know the story of the band. The moments of spontaneous genius, tales of beers being poured over heads so, it would be boring and lazy imo to roll out a watered down biopic. But, an original musical with Eagles songs to tell the story? BRING IT ON!
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along

For me Bohemian Rhapsody was a bit of a disappointment. Obviously, they couldn't have Freddie Mercury making decisions (RIP), but band documentary movies always do better when the main guy of the band is calling the shots, or at least guiding it some. I felt like the inaccuracies were too hard to overlook. And it just felt like they were a bit loose with it. It's a proof of concept, but could be better executed.

An example of a film lead well, although not with characters reenacting everything, is HOTE for me. It was done so well. Glenn (and the rest of the band) really led us down history lane in a detailed yet entertaining way. His charisma really made it fun. I realize it's not an apples to apples comparison as Bohemian Rhapsody was more of a movie with characters reenacting certain parts of the bands history. Part of me prefers a more documentary approach over a movie reenactment but I'm open to reenactments if they are done with the care, respect, and accuracy they deserve and aren't too schmaltzy.

I'm very curious about the Motley Crue movie, since all members are alive (especially the frontman) and have input into it to make sure it's done right. I have no idea whether or not I will like it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

But, an original musical with Eagles songs to tell the story? BRING IT ON!
    For several years, there was talk of a Hotel California musical and I think some people believed it was going to be like this - an original story using songs from the album. That was never actually determined though, and of course never really happened... I wonder if that's the project they were talking about?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet and I'm not sure I'm going to; I've been a Queen fan since the age of 5 and it just doesn't feel right to have someone playing Freddie, he was one of a kind. For the same reasons, I wouldn't want to see a biopic of the Eagles, with actors playing them, it never comes close to the original. I'd rather watch HOTE.

I'm a Queen fan too, and I thought "Bohemian Rhapsody" was very well done. Rami Malik is really great as Freddie. I think he did a great job of capturing Freddie the human being as well as the rock star. I know Roger Taylor and Brian May were both involved in the process, and they were pleased with the movie. It helps knowing going into it that it's not an exact historical reproduction. The Live Aid sequence is worth the price of admission alone. Watching it, I was 16 again, except this time, I was seeing it on the big screen, not on a 24" TV! The movie really caught the spirit of the band and the times where they came to popularity.

I have a feeling any films about the Eagles will be delayed until after all the members have passed on, unless there's some legal tidbit that forbids any movies being made about the band (which wouldn't surprise me).