Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet and I'm not sure I'm going to; I've been a Queen fan since the age of 5 and it just doesn't feel right to have someone playing Freddie, he was one of a kind. For the same reasons, I wouldn't want to see a biopic of the Eagles, with actors playing them, it never comes close to the original. I'd rather watch HOTE.
    I would not recommend watching it!

I'm not a big Queen fan, other than a few songs. I went more as a classic rock fan, and hoped it would be pretty good. I don't know a lot of Queen history, and even I noticed inaccuracies so a diehard Queen fan would pick up a lot more than I did. I think if I was a Freddie/Queen fan, I would not want to go, but that's just me after watching it in theaters. I really felt like it was more of a "proof of concept" than an accurate, well thought out movie. More of a way for Hollywood to say "Yep, we can do this!". It's a good idea, but it deserves to be executed better next time. That's my take.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    It helps knowing going into it that it's not an exact historical reproduction.
    That's where my problem lies. It's hard for me to appreciate it for what it is as a classic rock historian of sorts and as a lover of music. I'd care even more deeply if it was about my favorite band (Eagles). I'd be watching it with folded arms and analyzing every last second, I can't help it - lol.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

All good points.

I would prefer a separate storyline using their music than a biopic for sure. That avoids the landmines of realism, casting the right people, and all the drama when people argue things weren't presented quite fairly.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - since I am such a stickler for reality, I don't usually enjoy these types of biopics. I'm afraid that HOTE is the closest we may get to the true story of the band, so I am definitely not interested in a revisionist history type of film. That being said, if someone could manage to create a high-quality, true-to-life film that pays proper tribute to the band, I would be all over that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Put me in the doubters column. I particularly do not like biopics that take liberties with the truth. If they want to create their own scenarios, they should write fiction. I have never understood why you would do a drama on real persons and not be 100% accurate. The truth is always more compelling. No one could have dreamed up the complicated story that was the Eagles.

I know personally I would not be happy with anyone they would cast. Just like I am not fond of tribute bands, no matter how accurate or well-intended. They just leave me longing for the real thing.

The only "film" I would like to see would be told chronologically, with clips of interviews and home movies of the guys from each period and occasional text . The majority would be the unseen concert footage we know they have, from the beginning to HOTE. I know...dream on!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

This does once again bring me back to this thread, though:

Who should play the Eagles in a biopic?

Stuck on the Border

Don Henley made me laugh!
    They exchange glances when talk turns to the stamina touring requires at their age. “We talked about it,” Walsh says. “We said, ‘Look, we’ve got more than 30 seconds where we don’t matter — we might as well go off stage.’ But we’ve got to stand there and look like we’re into it — and we can’t dance!”
    “Well, we could,” Henley suggests, “but we might injure ourselves.”
    You need to register to read the article but there isn't much that's different to all the others.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...eave-9svt325nc

Here's Don sounding a little more grumpy:
    Two years ago, just after Frey’s death, they were finally presented with a Grammy for the latter, after they had performed Take It Easy at the ceremony with Jackson Browne. Henley can barely hide his contempt as he recalls the occasion. “I sort of wish we hadn’t done it, frankly. It was too soon, too weird. I don’t know why we said yes. We were still in shock and didn’t know what to do. Then, at the end of it, these two Grammy honchos walked out with the award for Hotel California, which we had refused to show up and accept in 1977.”

I'm torn about the Grammy performance. They did so little for fans at that time; it was nice to have something. However, I can see what he means; I thought it felt off, too, for obvious reasons. Regarding the HC Grammy presentation. I mean, if they didn't accept it in 1977... you'd think it would occur to them they should ask if they want it now before "bestowing" it upon them.

Well, this technically falls under an "Eagles mention in the press" - it's quite tiny, but it certainly made me laugh!

Embrace the Petty with Lindsey Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac Insult Generator

The Eagles get mentioned in one of the insults. You can hit "Don't Stop" until you get to it, or you can just read it below:

"Sometimes I wish we were the Eagles."

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I would not recommend watching it!

I'm not a big Queen fan, other than a few songs. I went more as a classic rock fan, and hoped it would be pretty good. I don't know a lot of Queen history, and even I noticed inaccuracies so a diehard Queen fan would pick up a lot more than I did. I think if I was a Freddie/Queen fan, I would not want to go, but that's just me after watching it in theaters. I really felt like it was more of a "proof of concept" than an accurate, well thought out movie. More of a way for Hollywood to say "Yep, we can do this!". It's a good idea, but it deserves to be executed better next time. That's my take.
    I think History of the Eagles tells enough. And it's really them. I would rather hear it from the horse's mouth rather than someone's idea of what they think the Eagles would say, do etc. in a screenplay.