Thread: Vintage Eagles 1976 Concert VHS (Ann Arbor, MI, 1976)

Out on the Border

Default Vintage Eagles 1976 Concert VHS (Ann Arbor, MI, 1976)

Hello everyone, I have been in contact with someone for a while now who has an unsurfaced Eagles video show, it's Michigan 1976 and has live video of many rarities such as Try and Love Again, Life In The Fast Lane, Victim Of Love, Pretty Maids All In A Row, Ol'55, and Help Me Through the night, the exact info is this "Eagles Live In Ann Arbor, at the Crisler Arena in Michigan, 11/12/76". I even have the original poster for it as well. I am asking if anyone in this forum has went to the show, or has ANY pictures of them on stage during the show so I can see what they are wearing. Thanks a lot everyone.Michigan 76 Ad.jpg

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Vintage Eagles 1976 Concert VHS (Ann Arbor, MI, 1976)

Wish I could help you out, vshiloh. If my memory serves me correctly, I can't recall anyone on the board ever saying that they attended the show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by vshiloh View Post
    Hello everyone, I have been in contact with someone for a while now who has an unsurfaced Eagles video show, it's Michigan 1976 and has live video of many rarities such as Try and Love Again, Life In The Fast Lane, Victim Of Love, Pretty Maids All In A Row, Ol'55, and Help Me Through the night, the exact info is this "Eagles Live In Ann Arbor, at the Crisler Arena in Michigan, 11/12/76". I even have the original poster for it as well. I am asking if anyone in this forum has went to the show, or has ANY pictures of them on stage during the show so I can see what they are wearing. Thanks a lot everyone.Michigan 76 Ad.jpg

That is awesome that video footage with those songs exists—have you gotten to see it, vshiloh? Thanks for posting the flyer.

Here is the link to the Univ. of Michigan’s yearbook for ‘76-‘77; it won’t link directly to the page with the band’s pics but if you scroll to yearbook pages 166-167, you can see them.

https://www.e-yearbook.com/sp/eybb?school=13&year=1977

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border

Thanks for that link of photos! can't make them bigger though.. but still good. And no I have never seen it I just know about it

Here’s a review of sorts of the concert from the Michigan Daily archives. It’s located on the lower right of the page and is titled “FLASH! News from the Major Events Office.”

This is from the first 2 paragraphs:

On Friday evening, November 12, Glen Frey’s family and close friends clustered quietly around the dead still of the Crisler Arena locker room. After the completion of a twelve-hour production set-up involving fifty people, the backstage area took on an aura of nervous anticipation. Occasionally, a crew member darted out to check a last minute detail, then escaped back behind the big blue door of the locker room. The few solitary security men were drinking coffee.

At approximately 8:15, the Eagles’ sleek black limosine slithered into the Crisler tunnel. As the band’s joyous greetings to Glen’s family pierced the air, Frey advised J.D Souther to make this “the best damn gig he’s ever played.”
    https://digital.bentley.umich.edu/mi...5071754522/713

Sweet! I love it when old stuff resurfaces. Really cool. Now if we can just see that video......😎

Thats an amazing find, i love reading old articles, such a gem, i wonder if there is any concert review from that night

dont know if this got posted here but heres an article about this show with a photo of walsh playing "turn to stone" (most likely) https://digital.bentley.umich.edu/mi...5071754522/663

Good find! Nice pic!!

Thanks edwardd19! Not exactly an enthusiastic review but it was a nice read anyway. It seems the writer is a bit confused about Randy playing lead guitar, lol.