Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - 7/25/2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - 7/25/2015

The concert was simply amazing. Words cannot describe.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - 7/25/2015

I totally agree with VA. It was unbelievable! More later!

I also agree with both VA and Houston Baby. Without a doubt best crowd and best Eagles performance yet. They were all spot on with the vocals

Packing up now, should be able to take HH and HB to airport and head down the Bluegrass Parkway in time to catch the Pirates game on TV. I will post a more thorough review when I get home. It's impossible to summarize such awesomeness now.
    VK

I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Glad you had fun ladies
    Can't wait to hear all about it
    Safe travels home

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Eagley awaiting to hear more from you ladies!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Glad that ya'll had an amazing time. I can't wait to hear more about it! Safe travels home everyone!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    I also agree with both VA and Houston Baby. Without a doubt best crowd and best Eagles performance yet. They were all spot on with the vocals
    Glad you all had a great time!

When the crowd is really engaged, it makes a big difference. Being a Saturday evening show, it's a lot easier to be engaged. In addition, the Eagles have not been to Lexington in 20 years, and the crowd was very appreciative of their return. While Lexington is a small market city, the arena seats a lot of people, due to the overwhelming popularity of UK basketball. The crowd got engaged immediately by most of them giving Glenn and Don a standing ovation as they walked out at the beginning of the show.

Don made sure they stayed engaged by making a few Kentucky-specific statements. He said they were glad to be in Fayette county, then mentioned that when he asked how it was pronounced, then pronounced both ways of saying it (accent on different syllables), he said he asked six people and three said one way and three the other way. Then he grinned and said maybe he should go out to Versailles and ask them. It got a laugh, because he pronounced Versailles like they do in KY, which is not how it's pronounced in most places. Folks here pronounce it just like it's spelled, ver-sales.

As Don continued discussing about the setup being like it was in 1971, Bernie came out. As he did, Glenn happened to strum his guitar, if I remember correctly, and nothing happened in the mix. Glenn got up and went to an amp, and as Bernie sat down, Don said that Bernie was wearing the same shirt. Bernie grinned and said, "That's impossible." By then, it was obvious that there were technical difficulties, and Glenn was moving behind them and going over to talk to Victor (his guitar tech). Bernie said something along the lines of, "Where's Glenn? He used to be a part of this." Don played along, making a joke about Glenn not sitting down where he was supposed to be. Bernie then said, "I'm wearing Wildcat underwear, by the way." Of course that got a huge round of applause. It took a few minutes to get the issue fixed, and it seemed to me that the technical difficulty and how they handled it got the crowd more into it.

Bernie had gotten a standing ovation by quite a few when he came out, and the same was true of Timothy and then Joe. From the very first, Timothy and Joe were more animated in the first set, and perhaps receiving such a warm welcome was a big reason for it.

The vocals were spot-on, and of course that meant Reprise was breathtaking. I enjoyed it so much, yet in the back of my mind was the fact it was the last time I'd hear it live, and it brought tears to my eyes.

Of course Glenn said the Plaintiff joke, and again it got a good laugh. He prefaces it with "Like I do every night...", and his timing is great.

Before TITTL, he again sent it out to Randy, wherever he is, and hope that he's doing OK.

During the intermission, the people behind me were making comments about how great the Eagles are at singing harmonies, and hearing it live made them even better.
    VK