Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revival of Survivor Games?

Default Re: Revival of Survivor Games?

I know it's a lot of work, but Survivor games were always one of my favorite things about the Border. They might not always go my way, but they were fun.

Of course, I'm biased, and would love to see a Hotel California, The Long Run, or Eagles Live Survivor but I'm good with anything!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I’m in. I enjoy the survivor games. It’s been long overdue for another one.

i don’t think it has run its course because the outcome is different every time we play

i think we should also do a little bit more of the solo albums too.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm in, I like the game

I think that these games are funny but the results of them are pretty predictable because of the uniformity in the tastes of the borderers. But I'm afraid my opinión isn't useful cause I've never played...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - takeiteasy - It's never too late if you want to play the upcoming game.

It looks like we have just enough people wanting to play so we will probably start the game sometime next week. Hopefully, a few more members will join in - as I said earlier - the more players, the more interesting the game usually is. We haven't decided on what we're going to do, but thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know the details about what and when as soon as we figure it out. Looking forward to it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Just want to let everyone know that we have decided to take Austin's suggestion and do an 'Eagles Live' Album Survivor game beginning sometime around the middle of this coming week. I'm in a hurry now, but I'll come back and fill you all in on the details later this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Just want to let everyone know that we have decided to take Austin's suggestion and do an 'Eagles Live' Album Survivor game beginning sometime around the middle of this coming week. I'm in a hurry now, but I'll come back and fill you all in on the details later this afternoon.
    Yay! Thanks Dreamer and Soda.

I'm on vacation right now otherwise I'd grab my vinyl copy for a spin but I'll listen to it on iTunes and get my list together!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I must say I love the survivor games and think that definitely they spice up the board too. I love checking in to see what songs are voted off and what remain particularly when the voting is close.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Sorry for not getting back to post about the upcoming Survivor game yesterday afternoon - it was a very busy day for me.

Anyway, we are going to start the game on Wednesday evening to give folks a little time to listen to the 'Eagles Live' album if they need to refresh their memory. This is the first time we have ever played a game for this album, but it will be somewhat different than the games for the studio albums or DVDs. We will be judging the band's overall live audio performances of these songs. For example, a few suggestions that you may want to consider are the technical vocal and instrumental performance, how the style of the performance showcases the song and the overall abilities of the band as a whole, and how much the band seems to be emotionally engaged in the performance.

Please feel free to post your thoughts here if you have ideas about other ways to distinguish the song from the performance.

Thanks all and looking forward to playing the game!