Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hell Freezes Over 25th Anniversary Release

Default Re: New Hell Freezes Over 25th Anniversary Release

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStrangler View Post
    As someone who owns all Eagles albums on vinyl but this one, I'm excited! I noticed there seemed to be a mass influx of "unofficial" European versions lately on eBay, but had no desire to spend $100 on a copy.
    I understand that - I'm a completist myself. It feels good to fill in that final slot. The $36 they're charging for the vinyl is definitely better than $100.

The CD costs $14, if anyone's curious.

https://www.eagles.com/store

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sorry, but I still think this is lame to the max. Like WF and NKIT suggested, if they want to do something special for us fans, why not a DVD of the HFO or HOTE concerts ... or even LROOE (as long as they include the shows sans the funeral suits ).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Sorry, but I still think this is lame to the max. Like WF and NKIT suggested, if they want to do something special for us fans, why not a DVD of the HFO or HOTE concerts ... or even LROOE (as long as they include the shows sans the funeral suits ).

I absolutely agree!! We fans never got one complete concert from the HFO tapings nor the HOTE shows.....and that's just not fair!!! From 1994-2005, all we got was "Farewell I: Live In Melbourne"!!!

While I like the fact that the Millenium concert is on the new box set (since I don't own that concert), I still think we got a raw deal regarding some of the "extras" on the new "LEGACY" box set.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes I was disappointed with this latest offering too. It would be lovely perhaps to get a DVD of the second night show which HAS been taped. I have the vinyl as part of the Legacy set so I cant really justify purchasing it aagin with the exorbitant fee to Europe too that usually accompanies these releases. We'll see.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Yes I was disappointed with this latest offering too. It would be lovely perhaps to get a DVD of the second night show which HAS been taped.

Are you referring to the 1994 HFO concerts? How many nights did they use to tape the "Farewell I: Live From Melbourne" DVD?

Does anyone know if the first night of HFO is available somewhere? I know that most of the songs on the official release are from the second night, but I'm curious as to see what the first night was like. There is/was artwork here for the masters, which has both nights and some studio and live snippets.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy08 View Post
    Does anyone know if the first night of HFO is available somewhere? I know that most of the songs on the official release are from the second night, but I'm curious as to see what the first night was like. There is/was artwork here for the masters, which has both nights and some studio and live snippets.
    Yeah, I think there is a first and second night out there. I'm not sure if it's complete, though. I think it might be partial. I'll have to check on that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy08 View Post
    I purchased this:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But it does say second night.

Disc 3 of this set:

I think is one of the Unplugged nights, but I'm not sure which one. The back of the package says it was recorded on April 25, 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I purchased this:

But it does say second night.

Disc 3 of this set:

I think is one of the Unplugged nights, but I'm not sure which one. The back of the package says it was recorded on April 25, 1994.
    The DVD says they recorded on April 25 and 26th, so that means the second night would be the 26th. I'm pretty sure the company got the dates wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, I think there is a first and second night out there. I'm not sure if it's complete, though. I think it might be partial. I'll have to check on that.
    Thanks Soda! You rock! If you can find it, can you PM me or send it through this thread or any other HFO thread?