Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Darn. I missed this round again. I get confused when the round ends since we don’t see it at the bottom anymore.

Anyway. I’m voting for Take It To The Limit.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I vote for Take It To The Limit.

I'm sad to see Hotel California go, but I'm glad that I was able to keep it from going down for two rounds at least.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Cosec, that Axis didn't even exist back then, lol!

I'm not sure what Joe and Don would have used in 1980 on LBG, but I can tell you the Music Man Axis wasn't there. Probably Felder used a Strat or a Les Paul.
    Yep Austin, my bad. Felder used an Axis in the HFO tour.

Here's a pic of them doing LBG from The Long Run tour. Can you identify the guitars in this pic?

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/imag...GEFLRcolor.jpg

However I'm still sure that Walsh had a Gold Top. The HFO guitar sound and the guitar on Eagles Live sound very similar.

And Delilah, I think Henley is the one doing drums, thankfully. Not Vitale. Vitale would've had to play keys, because Glenn is playing rhythm electric guitar. And Vince Melamed could've been playing the synthesizer.

Frey played both piano and synthesizer till The Long Run tour.

And lastly, one of the biggest things which make Life's Been Good an "Eagles song" as much as Joe's song is that they performed this song a year before it got released. They premiered it at Capital Center and did it for most concerts of the Hotel California tour from there.
    Last edited by cosec3791; 02-25-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    The chemistry... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I agree. This album is similar to a Greatest Hits compilation in that every song has merit and there are no real clunkers (IMO). So some of these details and nuances can be helpful in determining which songs to vote off. For a live album, a song where a large amount was overdubbed in the studio isn’t going to rank high with me.
    THANK YOU!!! And thank you takeiteasy!

This is what I wanted to tell. It's a live album. I totally understand that most people are going to overlook the overdubbing, but to me and a few others, it's important. It's clear that some songs were more overdubbed than others. I apologize if I came about as being a know-it-all. I guess me being into looking at such details made me express my opinions perhaps a tad bit too strong.

I may have not been there for mixing, but the overdubbing is so obvious when listening to an audience recording of the same show, where no editing would've been done. While they may not be THE most hi-fi sounding, they're clear enough to see the difference. AFAIK, Wasted Time is one of the least overdubbed songs on the album, when comparing the two versions.

For this round, I'mma vote HEARTACHE TONIGHT.

Not because of the overdubbing (I don't know any bootlegs of July 27th, so I cannot tell anything) but just because it's WAY too close to the studio version, almost superfluous to even release it. Basically the same reason why some voted off I Can't Tell You Why.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Yep Austin, my bad. Felder used an Axis in the HFO tour.

Here's a pic of them doing LBG from The Long Run tour. Can you identify the guitars in this pic?

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/imag...GEFLRcolor.jpg

However I'm still sure that Walsh had a Gold Top. The HFO guitar sound and the guitar on Eagles Live sound very similar.

And Delilah, I think Henley is the one doing drums, thankfully. Not Vitale. Vitale would've had to play keys, because Glenn is playing rhythm electric guitar. And Vince Melamed could've been playing the synthesizer.

Frey played both piano and synthesizer till The Long Run tour.

And lastly, one of the biggest things which make Life's Been Good an "Eagles song" as much as Joe's song is that they performed this song a year before it got released. They premiered it at Capital Center and did it for most concerts of the Hotel California tour from there.
    Yes, it's Joe's gold top but the guitar Felder is playing in that photo is a Strat. Very different than an Axis, which has humbucker double coil Gibson style pickups as opposed to the Fender style single coils.

Joe's parts on both HFO and Eagles live sound the same to me. But Felder's guitar sound between the two is radically different to my ears, again because of the difference in pickup type.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Darn. I missed this round again. I get confused when the round ends since we don’t see it at the bottom anymore.

Anyway. I’m voting for Take It To The Limit.
    Think of it being the even day of the month
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I agree. This album is similar to a Greatest Hits compilation in that every song has merit and there are no real clunkers (IMO). So some of these details and nuances can be helpful in determining which songs to vote off. For a live album, a song where a large amount was overdubbed in the studio isn’t going to rank high with me.
    I'm almost the opposite. There's so much overdubbed that for me, it's become too difficult to tell and thus I've let it go!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Take it to the limit

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my, I'm shocked HC went down already! My vote wouldn't have helped, but it's sad to see their powerhouse song go so soon.

As far as all the overdubbing, I don't really care. I always loved this album and never knew about it all till now!

My vote this round is for Wasted Time. Beautiful song, but.......something has to go.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten