Well if I may, I’m going to jump in here in the 11th hour. It looks like it’s down to 2 songs.

I love “Saturday Night”; it’s a beautiful song. This live version is kind of tame though. I wonder why the band added this to their setlist for this tour? It seems out of place for what they were doing at the time. Maybe Henley wanted a break from the drums. Anyway, the mandolin part is lovely (a studio overdub I wonder?) but this version is no match for the live BBC performance which is excellent. I prefer to compare live versions to live, not live to studio (although it can be argued this IS a quasi-studio album ).

So is there an official live version of LBG by solo Joe? I think not but if anyone knows of one, I would love be to hear it.

While LBG has been a very important part of the Eagles setlist for decades, I don’t find this version all that exceptional in its energy or excitement. The drums are excellent, but is it Henley or Joe Vitale? I can’t tell from the credits listed on YT. The bass-horn sound isnt appealing here.

Still deciding...maybe I’ll just wait it out.

ETA: this is my 3001st post!