Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Time for the Eagles Live Album Survivor, where we vote off the song performances on the album until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all the songs performed on the album here. Vote for the performance that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song performance that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more performance will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared. The exception is the last round. If the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner is …

TAKE IT EASY!!!

Performances Eliminated:
    All Night Long 2/08
    Life's Been Good 2/10
    I Can't Tell You Why 2/12
    Saturday Night 2/14
    Desperado 2/16
    Life in the Fast Lane 2/18
    The Long Run 2/20
    Seven Bridges Road 2/22
    Hotel California 2/24
    Wasted Time 2/26
    Take It to the Limit 2/28
    New Kid in Town 3/02
    Heartache Tonight 3/04

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

I vote for Saturday Night.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I think we should get rid of the Joe solo songs. "All Night Long" is fun and energetic, but musically, it doesn't really have much going for it. Plus, it's not a real Eagles song.

I vote for All Night Long.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've listened to the album again over the last few days mainly to get a feel for these songs live again. I vote for 'I Can't Tell you Why' because its not that I don't like it but I just feel it doesn't really deviate in the live version compared to the studio version.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I vote for All Night Long.

I vote for All Night Long

I vote for I Can't Tell You Why.

I vote ​All Night Long.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree with Soda and vote for All Night Long.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I vote for 'I Can't Tell you Why' because its not that I don't like it but I just feel it doesn't really deviate in the live version compared to the studio version.
    True, but do the others? I know he says "Southern California" instead of "Winslow, Arizona" for "Take It Easy"....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten