Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    If it had been HC or LITFL or LBG that had been overdubbed, I'm sure I'd be right there with those who are upset about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

How hilarious! All of them are overdubbed. THE WHOLE album was overdubbed. HC and LBG included.

For HC, Don's guitar parts most probably replayed. The tone is quite different in the original compared to the released version. Drum parts were overdubbed including the hi hats in the intro, which weren't actually there in the original performance. All vocals are overdubbed. Originally, Henley goes rougher in the performance. The "You can never leave!" part in the original had Henley go really high, whereas it was more subdued in the release.

As for LBG, sadly, the "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's great" is an overdub. The original was "They write him letters, tell him he's great". And the final jam at the end is an overdub too. The real one had Felder join in. The piano parts also were changed.

So, sadly Austin, this is only a pseudo-live album, where, including your favorites, everything is overdubbed.
    The chemistry... nuff said

SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD (STEVE YOUNG COVER) to go

Besides the harmonies, there's not much to save the song. And said harmonies were overdubbed too much.

I wish the Eagles did Eagles Live like Made in Japan by Deep Purple, where they just selected the stand-out performances which were so good they didn't need to overdub.

They really should've taken the July 29th performance of SBR. That was actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    This version is absolutely gorgeous!

Hmmmm.... even TITTL might've been overdubbed. This is probably the only track where we can't be sure if it was overdubbed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

How hilarious! All of them are overdubbed. THE WHOLE album was overdubbed. HC and LBG included.

For HC, Don's guitar parts most probably replayed. The tone is quite different in the original compared to the released version. Drum parts were overdubbed including the hi hats in the intro, which weren't actually there in the original performance. All vocals are overdubbed. Originally, Henley goes rougher in the performance. The "You can never leave!" part in the original had Henley go really high, whereas it was more subdued in the release.

As for LBG, sadly, the "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's great" is an overdub. The original was "They write him letters, tell him he's great". And the final jam at the end is an overdub too. The real one had Felder join in. The piano parts also were changed.

So, sadly Austin, this is only a pseudo-live album, where, including your favorites, everything is overdubbed.
    Hmm. I just cannot believe that.

I'm pretty sure LBG on Eagles Live has Felder on a lot of it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Hmmmm.... even TITTL might've been overdubbed. This is probably the only track where we can't be sure if it was overdubbed or not.
    Randy did say he returned to the studio for overdubbing but he didn’t specify which songs.

At any rate, I can’t believe Take It to the Limit​ is getting votes already!! It has been a standout live song for this band as well as one garnering standing ovations and wild applause. On this particular track, both Joe and Glenn praise it (although Glenn’s words were moved and dubbed in after another song ).

And may I add, this ain’t no easy song to sing. I agree with what others have said, this is a beautiful performance and does not deserve an early exit.

I’m not voting yet, as I have to do some strategic considering.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It looks like SBR is next to go and doesn’t need my vote. I’ve given the remaining songs another listen and so I cast my vote for Take It Easy.

This version sounds a bit anemic compared to all the other live versions I’ve heard. It’s a great song which I adore but I’m voting based on performance in this particular album. The others remaining are simply better IMO.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Randy did say he returned to the studio for overdubbing but he didn’t specify which songs.

At any rate, I can’t believe Take It to the Limit​ is getting votes already!! It has been a standout live song for this band as well as one garnering standing ovations and wild applause. On this particular track, both Joe and Glenn praise it (although Glenn’s words were moved and dubbed in after another song ).

And may I add, this ain’t no easy song to sing. I agree with what others have said, this is a beautiful performance and does not deserve an early exit.

I’m not voting yet, as I have to do some strategic considering.
    Quite honestly, I can't believe a lot of the songs that have been eliminated, including the soon-to-be gorgeous Seven Bridges Road. This is one of the most unpredictable games that I think we have ever played. I decided a few rounds ago to just vote strategically for at least the next few rounds, so my votes are not necessarily reflecting the performance that I believe should be eliminated. My vote for Take It to the Limit does not mean that I don't think it's a great performance or that I want to eliminate it yet. However, IMO, it is not the best performance on the album. I rate a few others better, including some that have already been eliminated. For the record, I would have voted for Hotel California this round if I could have helped eliminate it. So, I'll continue voting strategically ...

I cast my vote for Take It to the Limit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Results of Round Eight

The next performance to be eliminated in Eagles Live Album Survivor is Seven Bridges Road. “Seven Bridges Road” the tribe has spoken and we have loved you in a tame way and we have loved you wild. But, sometimes there's a part of us that has to turn from here and go. You didn’t get to decide if you should go, so please head southward as you go and leave the island immediately.

Votes
    Seven Bridges Road – 7
    Hotel California – 3
    Take It to the Limit – 2
    Wasted Time – 1
    Take It Easy – 1

Vote Breakdown
    Seven Bridges Road – WalshFan88
    Seven Bridges Road – New Kid In Town
    Seven Bridges Road – shunlvswx
    Seven Bridges Road – takeiteasy
    Seven Bridges Road – groupie2686
    Seven Bridges Road – East Texas Girl
    Seven Bridges Road – cosec3791
    Hotel California – scottside
    Hotel California – sodascouts
    Hotel California – LovinGlennGirl
    Wasted Time – Glennsallnighter
    Take It to the Limit – Brooke
    Take It to the Limit – Ive always been a dreamer
    Take It Easy – Delilah

Performances Eliminated
    All Night Long 2/08
    Life's Been Good 2/10
    I Can't Tell You Why 2/12
    Saturday Night 2/14
    Desperado 2/16
    Life in the Fast Lane 2/18
    The Long Run 2/20
    Seven Bridges Road 2/22

Performances Remaining
    Hotel California
    Heartache Tonight
    New Kid in Town
    Wasted Time
    Take It to the Limit
    Take It Easy

Voting for Round 9 begins now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I vote for Take It To The Limit​.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Oops, I knew there was something I needed to do before I left work. I forgot!