Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Eagles Live Album

Desperado

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post

... The drums are excellent, but is it Henley or Joe Vitale? I can’t tell from the credits listed on YT.
    The first part of that sentence should give some indication as to the second I believe (with nothing to qualify it) that Henley drummed on everything and Vitale dealt with everything from drums, percussion, keyboard, synths and flute depending on the song. Funk 50 posted a list of Vitale's annotated setlist from that tour, I will have a look for it. An awful shame he never joined them in their Reunion era.

----------

I will vote for Take It Easy, for the simple reason their changing of the second verse is heathen.

Well, I missed the last round too, Brooke. I am usually not around on the weekends either.

I cast my vote for I Can't Tell You Why.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post

I will vote for Take It Easy, for the simple reason their changing of the second verse is heathen.
    Oh, you don't like that? I find it charming! It always makes me smile when I heard the crowd cheer at "Southern California."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh, you don't like that? I find it charming! It always makes me smile when I heard the crowd cheer at "Southern California."
    I'm with you on that.

I also like the other changes over the years. "Just a little hard to find", etc.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No, I genuinely abhor it. No problem with Joe changing how he spent the last year in RMW, Glenn's play on the start of PEF, or his other changes in TIE; I can even overlook Henley bottling his 'god damn' in Life in the Fast Lane. But to fiddle with such an iconic lyric, one of the defining lines of an entire era of music and a sentence that catapulted an unremarkable wayside town to international fame for a cheap cheer is a disgrace. My hometown over on this side of the Atlantic has a similar honour courtesy of the Beatles and I would hate for my town's claim to fame to be disregarded a pointless shout out.

I'm sure the residents of Winslow would agree!

I've decided on my vote. ICTYW is fine here, but nothing really makes it a standout performance.

I cast my vote for I Can't Tell You Why.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Well darn, I missed the last round. I usually don't make it here over the weekend, so.....

As far as which song to vote for, I have always loved LBG and SN. How to choose there. I agreed with Soda on ANL, but not so sure on LBG! I love that song! Joe is a hoot on it! I also love Henley's smoky voice on SN. I guess it doesn't matter now as LBG is gone.
    I know, Brooke - I'm still reeling in disbelief that LBG was eliminated so early. I have to admit, I thought about you over the weekend because I knew you probably wouldn't be able to vote and all we needed to save it was a tie. But it was not to be. Oh well, I guess we can take solace in the fact that it has never been eliminated as quickly in any of the other Survivor games. I prefer to think of it as a one-time fluke.

Anyway, the game goes on. As far as changing lines in songs in live performances, I certainly don't think the band means any disrespect by doing it. Actually, I think the reason it works so well with a live audience in Take It Easy is because that line is so iconic. Most of the audience is either singing the line correctly and are caught by surprise or either stop singing and listen to see if Glenn would change the lyrics. But, the bottom line is everyone there knows that the line is Winslow, Arizona, so it brings more attention to it. JMHO

Now, it's time to take care of business. I am going to continue to vote for my least favorite remaining performance - I like the song at lot, but I really don't see anything particularly special or inspiring about the performance, so ...

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Darn, I missed a round too! I vote for I Can't Tell You Why. I like the song, but there's nothing unique about this performance.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I know, Brooke - I'm still reeling in disbelief that LBG was eliminated so early. I have to admit, I thought about you over the weekend because I knew you probably wouldn't be able to vote and all we needed to save it was a tie. But it was not to be. Oh well, I guess we can take solace in the fact that it has never been eliminated as quickly in any of the other Survivor games. I prefer to think of it as a one-time fluke.

Anyway, the game goes on. As far as changing lines in songs in live performances, I certainly don't think the band means any disrespect by doing it. Actually, I think the reason it works so well with a live audience in Take It Easy is because that line is so iconic. Most of the audience is either singing the line correctly and are caught by surprise or either stop singing and listen to see if Glenn would change the lyrics. But, the bottom line is everyone there knows that the line is Winslow, Arizona, so it brings more attention to it. JMHO

Now, it's time to take care of business. I am going to continue to vote for my least favorite remaining performance - I like the song at lot, but I really don't see anything particularly special or inspiring about the performance, so ...

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.
    Oh dreamer, I wish you would have called or texted me! Oh well......

And TIE is my all-time favorite Eagles song (always has been) and it doesn't bother me one bit that they changed that part! I don't care, I know how it really goes! I think it makes a concert a little bit 'yours' when they do stuff like that! Definitely not a reason for me to vote against it!

So, I really love Saturday Night and have never really cared all that much for ICTYW and this performance is nothing special, so it gets my vote. I Can't Tell You Why
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten