Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Luke Perry formerly Beverly Hills 90210

Default RIP Luke Perry formerly Beverly Hills 90210

I just read Luke Perry just died after suffering a massive stroke last week. He was only 52.

I grew up watching Luke Perry on Beverly Hills 90210 playing bad boy Dylan McKay. He was my favorite. I had all the 90210 merchandise back in the 90s. I think I still have a pencil and sweatshirt somewhere at home.

He was great in 8 Seconds as the late rodeo legend Lane Frost and starred in Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the movie not the show).

RIP Luke. Wow!! He was only 52. I still can't believe he had a stroke soo young, but it looks like you can have a stroke at any age.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Luke Perry formerly Beverly Hills 90210

So sad!! I thought for sure he would recover, with him being so young.

Shocking and sad. 😢

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I assumed he would recover, too, although perhaps with some after effects. I was so shocked to see he had died. I watched Beverly Hills 90210 while I was in high school and even though he was older, he was playing someone not much older than I was. So so sad!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I thought he would recover too. Lots of people have come back from a massive stroke.

52 is soo young to have a stroke.

RIP Luke. He will be missed. He was part of my childhood.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I was shocked and sad to hear of his passing. RIP.

So sad. 52 is far too young.

I did not know Luke Perry was from Ohio. There was a nice piece on the local news yesterday with interviews of those who went to school with him. I can't find that one, but here's one from the Columbus station:
    https://www.10tv.com/article/residen...ber-luke-perry

The father of Sherrod Brown, one of Ohio's US Senators (who may or may not be running for President), was the doctor who delivered Luke Perry.

From what I've been reading these past couple of days, the man was sincere and cared very much for his family. My heart goes out to them.

Didn't even know that he'd had a stroke. That's the UK for you. There'll be a mass shooting in Las Vegas (which interestingly the BBC thinks is in California) and our news will be about some BBC show, a leak in Bake Off. Unbelievable.

Used to love BH90210. Can only repeat what the rest of you have said. Sad to lose someone so young.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspot.com/

So sad to hear. Although I never watched 90210, I have seen 8 Seconds, awesome movie. He did a great job in it, his resemblance to Lane Frost was so real, Lane was such a friendly, nice, polite guy and his story was tragic ending as well, Luke played him very well.