Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field trip to Glenn's old neighborhood

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Katherine, I've just read this. How exciting to have been so close to where an Eagle was brought up, and to think you may have taught at his elementary school! On behalf of all us Glenn fans, thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us. Perhaps MF and I should seek out where our boys made their first three albums in London.

Soda, thanks for posting that picture - I missed it first time around. By British standards it looks a decent sized house!
    I think that is an excellent idea gef! Pics too, please!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

If I had only known then what I know now about how close he lived to the school, I would've been asking all kinds of questions of the older teachers there! The teacher who I student-taught with was a middle-aged man - probably in his mid- to late-50's back in '89. So, it's conceivable that he could've been a teacher there during the "Glenn-era." Oh, if I had only known....

It's too bad that he hasn't kept a home in Michigan like Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, and Aretha Franklin have. Not that I've ever run into those folks though...

Hey, if any of you ever plan a trip to Michigan, let me know and I'll take you on the "two dollar tour" of Royal Oak!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Katherine! Sometime when I do my 'Eagles' trip of America I might just take you up on your offer!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh my goodness, Katherine! I only got to read this thread now. What a wonderful experience for you. And yes, I am . What a pity, though, that Glenn's house has been torn down. Why could they not have preserved the house like they have done with Elvis' birthplace in Tupelo, Mississippi, or any of The Beatles' houses in Liverpool? Surely the people of Detroit, Michigan are proud that such a musical genius hails from their hometown?

I admit that I was slow off the mark myself, becoming an Eagles fan, but surely there is a lot more Eagles exposure in Detroit than there is in little ol' Cape Town.

Anyway, I'll stop whining and say thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great that you could even have taught at the same school he attended.

Soda, thanks for posting that lovely picture of the house in Glenn's old street. I've seen those sort of houses in American films, and they're picturesque. I don't see houses like that in these parts.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Katherine, I've just read this. How exciting to have been so close to where an Eagle was brought up, and to think you may have taught at his elementary school! On behalf of all us Glenn fans, thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us. Perhaps MF and I should seek out where our boys made their first three albums in London.

Soda, thanks for posting that picture - I missed it first time around. By British standards it looks a decent sized house!
    Oh my gosh, GEF! I didn't even think of that! That is a very good idea!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down