Hey everyone!

First post here in this section of the board! So, after all the schoolwork, everything's all done... for now..

Anyways, being a classic rock fan, but from Generation Z, I wouldn't really know most of the other legendary acts of the multiple years prior to the Eagles. So instead of sticking with the Eagles, I decided to search and search and search for various artists. Artists I heard of or saw in anything related to the Eagles, usual names brought out during discussions. I recently got into Spotify and searched up live albums. I got out of my comfort zone finally, and I can say that I have a much more varied, proper interest in classic rock than ever before.

Recently, I started wondering which were the most definitive rock acts of each year from 1965 onwards, obviously in an effort to listen and know more. However, I had doubts about the most definitive artists of certain years, but I got my opinions on some of them. So what I want you all knowledgeable people to do, is to suggest me some acts of a certain year. So yeah, these are those definitive artists acc. to year from 1965 onwards. You guys could suggest an artist and even a song which is a highlight of their career that year, or even suggest rock songs pre 1965. Preferably not the following though: folk pop or rock 'n roll. Please remember you could tell any artist of any genre!

The format here is: Year- Artist/Band- Song- Live Performance of that song from that year (if you could)

1965- The Who- My Generation- BBC Sessions
1966-
1967- The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Purple Haze- Live at Monterey
1968- Cream- Sunshine of your Love- Live at Back Bay Theater, MA, USA
1969- Gypsy Sun and Rainbows- Voodoo Child (Slight Return)- Live at Woodstock
1970- Black Sabbath- War Pigs- Live at Paris 1970
1971- Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven- Flying Rock Carnival Complete (live at the Budokan, Tokyo, Japan- 09/23/71)
1972- Deep Purple- Smoke on the Water- Live in Japan
1973-
1974-
1975-
1976- Eagles- Hotel California- Hotel California 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition

From there on I really don't know, so it would be wonderful if you guys could contribute and suggest more. I would love to hear all of your opinions on this list and even say if there was another more definitive artist! Be free to tell who are your favorites!