Thread: Proof of Try and Love again played live

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Proof of Try and Love again played live

I haven’t posted in a very long time but I saw an article by chance that I felt some of you would be interested in seeing. I was looking up the capital center performance but I came across a concert review from the Washington post from 1977. Although it’s fairly negative towards the band, it does confirm that try and love again was played. Though it was unfortunately pointed as being a low point, saying that Randy’s lead was too whiny. Despite that, this is still cool to read.

heres the link to the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.c4d9cd1e90c2
    Last edited by YoungEaglesFan; 04-01-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Default Re: Proof of Try and Love again played live

Welcome back YEF! That is awesome...I still would love to see video of Try and Love Again live

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I haven’t posted in a very long time but I saw an article by chance that I felt some of you would be interested in seeing. I was looking up the capital center performance but I came across a concert review from the Washington post from 1977. Although it’s fairly negative towards the band, it does confirm that try and love again was played. Though it was unfortunately pointed as being a low point, saying that Randy’s lead was too whiny. Despite that, this is still cool to read.

heres the link to the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.c4d9cd1e90c2
    Hi, YEF, how have you been?

Yes I do remember reading that review awhile back. Maybe that’s why the song was dropped from the setlist—his vocal performance wasn’t strong enough. It could be Randy just had a bad night or maybe the reviewer had a bone to pick with him and the band and was reaching. He sounds fine when he performed it at his solo concert in Huntington Beach.

Anyway, thanks for posting the link.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well YEF - Glad to see you've come out of hiding.

Thanks for the link. I think we had established quite a while back that Try and Love again was performed live, but I don't remember what thread(s) the discussion was in.

It was not usual for the band to get these kinds of reviews back in the day. They were never the darlings of the critics. And this last paragraph - wow ...

Outside, before the show, scalpers were selling tickets for as much as $25, suggesting that these two concerts are the pop event of the year thus far and that the Eagles are rock's most popular all-American band.
    I don't even know where to start. But, to be fair, $25 was probably more than double the cost of a regular ticket at the time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well YEF - Glad to see you've come out of hiding.

Thanks for the link. I think we had established quite a while back that Try and Love again was performed live, but I don't remember what thread(s) the discussion was in.

It was not usual for the band to get these kinds of reviews back in the day. They were never the darlings of the critics. And this last paragraph - wow ...

I don't even know where to start. But, to be fair, $25 was probably more than double the cost of a regular ticket at the time.
    Thanks for welcoming me back! I was just posting this as more definitive proof rather than relying on setlist.com and such. It was also the first I’ve seen anywhere where the performance was talked about.

Welcome back and yeah, looks like that settles it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

It's on the Michigan 1976 Concert VHS. Great version