Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    One more thing related to where we got the news - I took a gander at Otis' instagram - it seems he is doing hardcore promotion now via social media. So for those of us who have been around a while and have gotten used to the mindset that we should not mess with the kids' social media, in his case, we have to readjust. If you are into these "Eagles", you should be following him. Oh my freaking gosh, he is working it. Dang.
    It kind of just makes me shake my head, honestly. They have a 17 year old doing their promotional work now. LOL! Otis, Deacon, Will, and whoever else. It's just too much IMO.

But yes, if you like 3.0 you'll want to follow Deacon and Otis on IG and Twitter for sure. That's where you'll get the news. It certainly won't be from Uncle Don, seeing how he is so stuck in the past with social media and YouTube, etc. In fact, while I'm sure that Otis has clearance to do what he does, I have to wonder how Henley feels about it. He is usually so stuffy about these kinds of things, I'm surprised he ok'd it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It kind of just makes me shake my head, honestly. They have a 17 year old doing their promotional work now. LOL! Otis, Deacon, Will, and whoever else. It's just too much IMO.

But yes, if you like 3.0 you'll want to follow Deacon and Otis on IG and Twitter for sure. That's where you'll get the news. It certainly won't be from Uncle Don, seeing how he is so stuck in the past with social media and YouTube, etc. In fact, while I'm sure that Otis has clearance to do what he does, I have to wonder how Henley feels about it. He is usually so stuffy about these kinds of things, I'm surprised he ok'd it.
    Have you seen how freaking lame their official social media is, with the exception of Joe? I went looking for their Twitter to link to it and they don't even have one (didn't they used to?), much less an instagram! As for their Facebook, they just post generic ads whenever they release something.

They are lucky he is doing something. Maybe nobody told Don.

If Don is like my dad (and they're about the same age), he will never understand the appeal of social media, and he will always view it with fear and loathing. Meanwhile, my mom gets on Facebook every day.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Have you seen how freaking lame their official social media is, with the exception of Joe? I went looking for their Twitter to link to it and they don't even have one (didn't they used to?), much less an instagram! As for their Facebook, they just post generic ads whenever they release something.

If Don is like my dad (and they're about the same age), he will never understand the appeal of social media, and he will always view it with fear and loathing. Meanwhile, my mom gets on Facebook everyday.
    And if you signed up for the newsletter on their site, don't expect to ever get one.

If Don is like my dad (and they're about the same age), he will never understand the appeal of social media, and he will always view it with fear and loathing. Meanwhile, my mom gets on Facebook everyday.
    Oh absolutely! Joe has a good social media presence, especially when he was doing his solo tour.

Yeah, they used to have an Eagles Twitter but not anymore. And yes - OMG the ads. It's basically like an advertisement page. They don't use it to share anything of value.

Haha, if no one told Don I really hope for Otis' sake he never finds out! I'd hate to think he'd rip on him. He's doing them a favor actually by bringing them into the 21st century. I think in the case of Don, he has always been too stuffy and philosophical, even when he was younger - especially about the time his solo career started. I mean, I don't think David Geffen is some sort of angel, but he clocked it with "malcontent".

I think old men tend to be stuck in their ways. I certainly hope to never be a curmudgeon! The "get off my lawn" types amuse me. It's like "oh god gramps - just go back inside and watch your Mary Tyler Moore reruns!". I'm all for respecting of elders, but I think it's a two way street. It's one thing to not want to partake in something, it's another to try to not let anyone else either because of your antiquated viewpoint.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Randy Meisner wil be playing try and love again

Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
    Randy Meisner wil be playing try and love again
    That would certainly be a surprise move that would delight fans.

I think it's more likely Vince Gill will be singing it, though, and Randy will not be joining them.

Unless I've missed something....?

Stuck on the Border

That would certainly be a surprise move that would delight fans.

I think it's more likely Vince Gill will be singing it, though, and Randy will not be joining them.

Unless I've missed something....?
    I think it was a wishful thinking kind of joke. Randy joining to sing/play his song would be the only thing from the current band I'd be interested in looking at!

Out on the Border

[QUOTE=New Kid In Town;384440]Hi Groupie - how are you ?
    Wow, I am surprised with that news. I do not think Tim will do TALA - he said he would never sing any Randy songs. So, I guess that means Vince will sing it. Can you imagine how much thos tickets will cost.[
    [I paid over $400.00 And I am not even close to the stage.....but....I love 'em….. what can I say. Might be my last time to see Don Henley and the Eagles...]

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMIGal View Post
    I paid over $400.00 And I am not even close to the stage.....but....I love 'em….. what can I say. Might be my last time to see Don Henley and the Eagles...
    Welcome!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

If Don is like my dad (and they're about the same age), he will never understand the appeal of social media, and he will always view it with fear and loathing. Meanwhile, my mom gets on Facebook every day.
    This just made me laugh! This is my husband and me soooooo much!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten