Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
Is this the same Don Henley who made a living off preaching about the evils of money, arrogance and greed; and espousing the glories of Thoreau's steadfast observation of simplicity and humility? If the blatant hypocrisy didn't amuse me so much I'd probably cry.

Charging $7,000 for essentially a greatest hits tour, plus two songs they haven't played in deacdes and another two that fall in and out of the setlist (The Last Resort and TALA, Wasted Time and VOL respectively), featuring 40% of those who featured on it not even playing the same contributions the made (e.g. Henley on drums for any of it, or Joe's keyboards throughout), and only one half of the most famous dual guitar soloists ever. You see the same thing in sports, the offerings completely going over the heads of those who would die for the participants, all because you can make more money out of gormless morons who couldn't care less if they were at a boxing match or an orchestra.
I couldn't agree more TLR. Henley can be very preachy (too much for my tastes at times especially on LROOE) and at times, hypocritical. I think when David Geffen called him a malcontent I'd say he was spot on. I love his voice and I think he's a brilliant songwriter. I just don't always agree with his viewpoints and I don't think I'd want to associate with him or meet him. Which is sad, because I love his Eagles and solo music.

It truly boggles my mind some people aren't seeing what we are seeing. Maybe they don't want to think of it that way on purpose. But it's so shameless that it's like they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.