Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Otis is 17. He moved his Instagram account to @otisfreyofficial. I don't think Otis is looking to be in that part of the Eagles... but that's just guessing on my part.
    I would agree with that.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Yeah my guess is that Henley will do VetsAid again.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Yeah, I don't believe either that Don PERSONALLY thinks they need "the blood" to go on as "Eagles". Even before they started this thing with Deacon and Vince he was talking about how people might see it ("it would only appear as greed" or whatever it was he said). So I too believe that he thinks "the blood" makes it more acceptable for us consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Plus he's right there in Texas. That's a hop, skip and a jump on the plane to Houston. I'm guessing an hour flight. I don't know how long it take to get there on plane. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's back again this year. I doubt he has anything else in November unless he's doing a private show.

They probably will announced who's playing VetsAid something next month.
    It’s been awhile since I’ve flown from Houston to Dallas but an hour flight sounds about right. If Don is involved I will definitely try to go. I wouldn’t bet on his touring a whole lot more in the future, either with the band or solo.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe either that Don PERSONALLY thinks they need "the blood" to go on as "Eagles". Even before they started this thing with Deacon and Vince he was talking about how people might see it ("it would only appear as greed" or whatever it was he said). So I too believe that he thinks "the blood" makes it more acceptable for us consumers.
    Agreed. Still, he framed it in very personal terms.

From Rolling Stone:

RS: Did you ever question whether it was right to continue without Glenn?
    Don: Yes, I did. The only way it felt justified to me was to have family blood in the band.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...future-129638/

Only we hardcores remember things like this, though. No one would call him on it. The audience doesn't care. They will buy the tickets no matter what. The only thing he has to answer to is his conscience. In other words, he has to leave all that money on the table for no other reason than that it's the right thing to do. That takes a LOT of strength, more than most people have, frankly. Could he find that kind of strength now, when he couldn't find it after Glenn died?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It’s been awhile since I’ve flown from Houston to Dallas but an hour flight sounds about right. If Don is involved I will definitely try to go. I wouldn’t bet on his touring a whole lot more in the future, either with the band or solo.
    I'm going regardless. It's for a good cause and I get to visit my parents. I don't have a problem supporting solo efforts - I want to encourage them! I've already submitted an abstract analyzing the presentation of British culture in the BBC productions of Shakespeare's Henriad to a conference and I'm waiting on word, but the odds are good it will be accepted (not to jinx it). These guys have really helped me beef up my CV with all the papers I present in order to travel for concerts. It's 100% legit, too, as the school benefits from my work and they don't care what I do with my evenings after I finish my presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Absolutely. He might kind of have to worry that if he's planning to go on without Deacon, that it might affect sales. Sadly, I don't think it will matter to him who's up there as long as they can sing good and he's still making money. Who knows. Maybe Don will do the right thing and call it quits. Or maybe Deacon's last stop comment meant that they all decided to wrap it up as a band after Vegas. And who's to say how long the "Vegas last stop" will go on for. Only time will tell. I'm betting that if given the chance, DH will at least try a run of Deacon-less shows to see how people react to it in terms of sales. I highly doubt he'll get another singer to replace Deacon at this point. He won't want to waste time with auditions, rehearsals, etc. He'll probably just have Vince Gill take over Deacon's lead vocal songs and try that for a while.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Only we hardcores remember things like this, though. No one would call him on it. The audience doesn't care. They will buy the tickets no matter what. The only thing he has to answer to is his conscience. In other words, he has to leave all that money on the table for no other reason than that it's the right thing to do. That takes a LOT of strength, most than most people have, frankly. Could he find that kind of strength now, when he couldn't find it after Glenn died?
    If he does, one can either take that to mean he's gained some sense of doing the right thing or now feels remorse, and/or realizes that it wouldn't be right without Deacon there and that it's just time to call it quits finally. Another way to look at it, the more grim view, is that he didn't think that much of Glenn or at least wasn't that bothered by the death of their leader and long time bandmate and brother passing away, but yet was ok with stopping because his son decided to move on and he realized he couldn't sell tickets anymore without him up there so he felt like he had to make that decision out of having no other option.

I won't lie, I would at the very least ponder the possibility of the 2nd scenario. Actually Don is in a bad spot now if it's true about Deacon leaving. If he stops the band, people like me will wonder about why he didn't for Glenn but yet would for Deacon (torn between a good possibility and a bad possibility), and if he continues without him people (including me) will be very upset that he didn't mean the whole blood thing, etc etc.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

While so far I think the posts have been relevant, I do fear we may be tempted to go down a certain rabbit hole (myself included), so just a reminder: we have these two threads set aside for that. Let's not get into it here:

"The Band is Continuing to Tour without Glenn - How Do You Feel About That" aka Round and Round We Go

"For Those Who Say No Glenn, No Legit Eagles" aka Venting

One more thing related to where we got the news - I took a gander at Otis' instagram - it seems he is doing hardcore promotion now via social media. So for those of us who have been around a while and have gotten used to the mindset that we should not mess with the kids' social media, in his case, we have to readjust. If you are into these "Eagles", you should be following him. Oh my gosh, he is working it. Dang.