Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I am positive that the numbers for some years during both the LROOE and HOTE tours had the band coming in 1st or 2nd place.
    I'm with you on that, Dreamer!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah - thanks for the research - you are better than me. However, I thought they came out in the top three from 1994 to 1996 for the HFO Tour.
    You’re welcome, NKIT but no I am not. I’m just a nerd who likes to dabble in numbers, stats and facts. 🤓

The HFO tour was very successful; I didn’t include 1994 data b/c they ranked #3 in the list of top-grossing acts (The Rolling Stones were #1 and Pink Floyd were #2). But I probably should have since they did gross $79.4 million (or $134,533,710 in 2018 dollars). That was with the tour cut short due to Glenn’s illness plus it didn’t even start until late May. They didn’t rank in the top 20 for 1996 which isn’t really surprising given they only played 28 shows. It’s possible they came in the top 3 for that time period.

As far as these figures go, keep in mind that I’m comparing years to years, not tours to tours. I’m also using concert revenue for comparison purposes, not total earnings. Perhaps the Eagles came out ahead during the LROOE and HOTE tours in terms of total earnings b/c that would include revenue from album and DVD sales and the related merchandising, etc. However it would not be fair to compare those numbers to last year’s tour when there was no new album release or anything else like a documentary to bring attention to the concerts (I don’t count Anniversary re-issues).

At any rate I haven’t come across anything to substantiate the Eagles ranking #1 or #2 for the LROOE or the HOTE tours. Maybe someone else can find something. For the last 10 years acts like Bon Jovi, Madonna, U2, Taylor Swift and One Direction have been making the mega-buck$.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    They price out the average fan and substantially weakens the argument that they continue touring because fans want to hear these songs by the band that recorded them.
    Yeah. I never bought that line.

How about the oft-repeated argument that touring is the ONLY way to keep the music alive, and thus they must tour in order to ensure the Eagles music does not die? Let's take that to its logical conclusion. If music is only "kept alive" by being experienced in concert, it is dead for all those who cannot afford to attend such concerts. Thus, Eagles music is now dead to everyone but the rich.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah. I never bought that line.

How about the oft-repeated argument that touring is the ONLY way to keep the music alive, and thus they must tour in order to ensure the Eagles music does not die? Let's take that to its logical conclusion. If music is only "kept alive" by being experienced in concert, it is dead for all those who cannot afford to attend such concerts. Thus, Eagles music is now dead to everyone but the rich.
    Very good point.

It's bad enough they are continuing without Glenn. It's even worse to try to charge what they do without him (who I consider the most important member of the band, but one of two at any rate). It's pretty much the equivalent of rubbing alcohol in a wound. It's worse than salt, IMO. I think that argument about keeping the music alive is weak. It's just another attempt to try to justify this abomination of a band now.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Very good point.

It's bad enough they are continuing without Glenn. It's even worse to try to charge what they do without him (who I consider the most important member of the band, but one of two at any rate). It's pretty much the equivalent of rubbing alcohol in a wound. It's worse than salt, IMO. I think that argument about keeping the music alive is weak. It's just another attempt to try to justify this abomination of a band now.
    Remember, not only is the music being kept alive, it's actually kept alive by the band that recorded it. These guys recorded this album after all. 😁

It looks like the Saturday/Sept. 28 date is practically sold out. The Platinum package ($6500) is still available.

There are still a few dozen standard tickets left for the Friday date and lots of resales. The Platinum package is still available as well.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It looks like the Saturday/Sept. 28 date is practically sold out. The Platinum package ($6500) is still available.

There are still a few dozen standard tickets left for the Friday date and lots of resales. The Platinum package is still available as well.
    So, ok, here's the plan: $6500.00 for a 9-song album, that's a tiny bit over $722.00 per song, off the original. 9 of us go together, throw in $723.00 apiece, and we can each use the seat for one of the songs. Can we make this happen, people? ​😃

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Remember, not only is the music being kept alive, it's actually kept alive by the band that recorded it. These guys recorded this album after all. 😁
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    So, ok, here's the plan: $6500.00 for a 9-song album, that's a tiny bit over $722.00 per song, off the original. 9 of us go together, throw in $723.00 apiece, and we can each use the seat for one of the songs. Can we make this happen, people? ​😃
    Is this before or after the shared cruise room?

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Is this before or after the shared cruise room?
    I've got plans, BIG plans!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you