I never had any intention on going to this and I just checked out the prices out of idle interest and because I was aware that a few of my Eagles groupies on FB were intending on going. I always considered that the real Eagles charged a little over the odds for the good tickets but I was happy to pay say $625 for a floor seat in the first few rows, some food/drink and a few gimmicks. It was my reward for taking on extra work (or maybe the reason for doing it! lol). And for the ordinary average fan it was doable if they wanted it to be. But these prices really go beyond the reach of the people who have been the loyal bread and butter fans of the past 40 years, the people who saved to see them, the people who organised their holidays around when they would be playing, or the people who had to make choices how to spend their money and they made the Eagles their choice. A HH pointed out on FB, a round trip to see the Vegas show with a front seat package would set a couple back $20,000 by the time flights etc were factored in. That could be someones post tax salary for a year. I also feel that whatever about good seats and a few gift and the usual palaver about crowd free merch and a private bar, a VIP package should not have to include a 5* hotel suite as part of the package. Does that preclude people who live near Vegas or have alternative accomodation from getting front row seats? Looks like it.

Sadly I think this band is going to become a 'corporate' band out of the reach of the majority of the people who have supported it. Rich business people will be the only ones with the means to access the good seats and they will use them to impress others who never hears the names Glenn Frey or Don Henley in their lives. Or if they had they wont be able to tell the difference.