Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by ChaunceyQ View Post
    That's one time more than myself, Brooke. Boy do I regret not seeing Bob Seger a few times back in the day.
    I couldn't afford to go back in the day, sniff, sniff, if we even heard there was one going on 3 hours away! lol And it's getting so I can't afford concert tickets these days!

And welcome to the Border, Chauncey!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Bob is so great. I got to see him a few years ago in St. Louis. He always stayed true to himself. No frills, authentic rootsy rock n' roll.

Some people gave him crap for doing Shakedown for Beverly Hills Cop II in the 80s and then again for letting GM/Chevy use Like A Rock for a number of years in it's commercials. They said he sold out. If that's selling out, then most can only hope to sell out to his level! Shakedown, while a departure from the sound he is known for, is a great song and it sold a LOT. It was his only number 1 hit in fact. In fact, it did better than The Heat Is On from the first movie, which stayed at number 2. Most of the people that were salty about Like A Rock being used on a Chevy commercial were Ford fans, lol. General Motors and Chevrolet have always stood above the Ford Motor Company and there are a lot of back and forth between the two camps. Chevy is better though, don't let anyone fool you. My entire family are diehard GM/Chevy people.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I could be wrong, but I think I read in an interview of Bob's that Like a Rock was actually written for the commercial. I will look it up when I get time!

Love it anyway!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think I read in an interview of Bob's that Like a Rock was actually written for the commercial. I will look it up when I get time!

Love it anyway!
    Actually LAR was released in 1986, the Chevy commercials didn't start until 1991. The song was about a relationship he was in that ended.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Take this for what you will, but Otis Frey (currently on the tour as a "backline assistant") has "announced" on his Instagram in a Q&A session that the Eagles will not tour the USA next year. Guess that doesn't rule out a Vegas residency (which I'm still willing to hedge a bet on, but that chance seems to be decreasing).

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Take this for what you will, but Otis Frey (currently on the tour as a "backline assistant") has "announced" on his Instagram in a Q&A session that the Eagles will not tour the USA next year. Guess that doesn't rule out a Vegas residency (which I'm still willing to hedge a bet on, but that chance seems to be decreasing).
    I was wondering if they'd do a residency, too, but I can't see them staying there long-term. Maybe a few shows every now and then.

But will this be the last tour? Nah. It wasn't marketed as such (except for the subtle implications of "See them while you can"), and Mr. Don Henley doesn't leave money on the table.

Maybe they just want to give Deacon at least a year where he can do his own thing before he hits 30 in 2023 (you know, take a year off now, then do another 3 year farewell tour). Or just give the audiences a break to save up their money, because you can't do a farewell tour if you haven't stopped the former tour!

If Don can stand and sing, they'll be touring. Actually, there's no need to be able to stand. He can always use a stool. His voice doesn't have to be in top form; they can make more and more modifications as it deteriorates. Shave off high notes. Lower keys. Drop problematic songs entirely. Give him fewer leads. The audience isn't too picky. They might not hit Europe anymore, though.

No, this isn't it for them.

TLDR: My prediction is that they'll take a year off, then start up another tour, which MIGHT be their farewell tour depending on their physical health. It will last as long as they can perform.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    TLDR: My prediction is that they'll take a year off, then start up another tour, which MIGHT be their farewell tour depending on their physical health. It will last as long as they can perform.
    Farewell Tour 6 Billion 9 Hundred 87?

I agree. I don't think this is it. They probably won't do another world tour in Europe and Australia.

I was following along with the Q&A(I got a few of my questions answered). Otis did say they probably will do a few shows here and there. So I wouldn't be surprised if they might do a mini US tour with maybe 10 dates next year. Vince is already doing a 3 month tour for his new album that's coming out in August, then his Ryman concerts with Amy and he's doing the Crossroad Festival in Texas with Joe also being there. So he's busy for the rest of the year, but of course he will be there for the Vegas show.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guys will be doing some solo shows next year. I'm all for seeing their solo shows again. Maybe Don will do an album next year(yeah right. ) I haven't seen Timothy in concert yet, but I doubt he will ever come down south. I have a good chance of seeing maybe Don or Joe down south then Timothy.

Also. Erica hinted to stay tune about VetsAid in November and Vegas concert (meaning if she will be there). Is Don coming back to Veteran Aid (not saying this is true) or is she helping out Joe?
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-18-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I have to laugh that now Otis is involved. I have to be honest here, I really don't like that. It's like "Eagle and Sons". A rock band shouldn't be a family business. I'm well aware it's happened before. Still don't like it. It's like trying to explain to 3.0 supporters why we can like Glenn but not want them continuing with Deacon. They aren't a package deal. Between Deacon and Otis and Will, it's just really bothersome to me.

I read on Facebook that Deacon said in a Instagram Q&A that the Vegas shows will likely be the last stop for him. I hope that's true. Hopefully it's because he realizes it's the right thing to do, but I'm ok with any reason he chooses to stop. I'd love for him to forge his own path from the beginning, and work his way up the ladder from the bottom, regardless of previous experience in the 3.0 Eagles and who his parents are/were. It's the fair thing to do. It's about paying dues and earning it and working hard. And I'd like to think that would be what he would do. I think from what I've heard of him, electronic music is his calling, and that's fine. It's not my bag really, but I support it fully. If it's true that Deacon will be done, does this mean the "Eagles" are done, or will Don find another attempted replacement singer? I think if Glenn's (their leader's) death didn't stop him, certainly Deacon stepping down wouldn't either. Maybe Gill will sing everything. One could also take the 'last stop' to mean he will just do Vegas shows, and maybe the Eagles will only do Vegas residencies from here on out. Anything's possible I guess! Obviously, I would like them to stop entirely.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Ah, but didn't Don say he thought this iteration of the Eagles was okay because there was "blood" (a Frey) involved? If Deacon isn't part of it anymore, is that enough to stop Henley/Azoff?