Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 140

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

  1. #101
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,073

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Ah, but didn't Don say he thought this iteration of the Eagles was okay because there was "blood" (a Frey) involved? If Deacon isn't part of it anymore, is that enough to stop Henley/Azoff?
    Can Otis sing ? Maybe he plans on Otis taking Deacon's place. As crazy as it sounds(and I know it's crazy), I would not but anything past them. And Austin, nor would I be surprised if just Vince tours after Deacon leaves. The fans are use to him now, and from various posts on Eagles FB pages, many fans consider Vince an Eagle now.

    How old is Otis now - 16 or 17. I guess he must be tutored to be on the tour with them. Shun, what did Otis say in his interview. I notice he closed his Instagram account.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 06-19-2019 at 11:28 AM.

  2. #102
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,073

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Bob is so great. I got to see him a few years ago in St. Louis. He always stayed true to himself. No frills, authentic rootsy rock n' roll.

    Some people gave him crap for doing Shakedown for Beverly Hills Cop II in the 80s and then again for letting GM/Chevy use Like A Rock for a number of years in it's commercials. They said he sold out. If that's selling out, then most can only hope to sell out to his level! Shakedown, while a departure from the sound he is known for, is a great song and it sold a LOT. It was his only number 1 hit in fact. In fact, it did better than The Heat Is On from the first movie, which stayed at number 2. Most of the people that were salty about Like A Rock being used on a Chevy commercial were Ford fans, lol. General Motors and Chevrolet have always stood above the Ford Motor Company and there are a lot of back and forth between the two camps. Chevy is better though, don't let anyone fool you. My entire family are diehard GM/Chevy people.
    I saw an interview(print) years ago with Bob where he said he let Chevy use his song because his Dad had worked at GM as an engineer.

  3. #103
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,496

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    If it's true that Deacon will be done, does this mean the "Eagles" are done, or will Don find another attempted replacement singer? I think if Glenn's (their leader's) death didn't stop him, certainly Deacon stepping down wouldn't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Ah, but didn't Don say he thought this iteration of the Eagles was okay because there was "blood" (a Frey) involved? If Deacon isn't part of it anymore, is that enough to stop Henley/Azoff?
    I know Don said he wouldn't continue the "Eagles" without "blood," but Don says a lot of things. The possibility of such statements becoming "foolish consistencies" always hangs in the air.

    I don't think Don will look for anyone else. Here's what I think: Deacon was invited, at least in part, to win over any reticent fans who they feared wouldn't come without Glenn there. They realize now most fans have no problem attending a show without Glenn. Now they can feel free to continue without Deacon, and without a "blood" replacement.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  4. #104
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,397

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Can Otis sing ? Maybe he plans on Otis taking Deacon's place. As crazy as it sounds(and I know it's crazy), I would not but anything past them. And Austin, nor would I be surprised if just Vince tours after Deacon leaves. The fans are use to him now, and from various posts on Eagles FB pages, many fans consider Vince an Eagle now.

    How old is Otis now - 16 or 17. I guess he must be tutored to be on the tour with them. Shun, what did Otis say in his interview. I notice he closed his Instagram account.
    Otis is 17. He moved his Instagram account to @otisfreyofficial. I don't think Otis is looking to be in that part of the Eagles... but that's just guessing on my part.

  5. #105
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,496

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Also. Erica hinted to stay tune about VetsAid in November and Vegas concert (meaning if she will be there). Is Don coming back to Veteran Aid (not saying this is true) or is she helping out Joe?
    I'm curious about this, too. I'm surprised they haven't started selling tickets for it yet. Maybe they're still trying to cement performers for it so they can advertise it effectively and maximize ticket sales. Certainly, with Don on board, they'd sell more tickets for the vets. He knows that, so he'll probably do it unless he has another commitment. He is a generous man in that regard.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  6. #106
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,603

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm curious about this, too. I'm surprised they haven't started selling tickets for it yet. Maybe they're still trying to cement performers for it so they can advertise it effectively and maximize ticket sales. Certainly, with Don on board, they'd sell more tickets for the vets. He knows that, so he'll probably do it unless he has another commitment. He is a generous man in that regard.
    Plus he's right there in Texas. That's a hop, skip and a jump on the plane to Houston. I'm guessing an hour flight. I don't know how long it take to get there on plane. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's back again this year. I doubt he has anything else in November unless he's doing a private show.

    They probably will announced who's playing VetsAid something next month.

    Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

    I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

  7. #107
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,804

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Ah, but didn't Don say he thought this iteration of the Eagles was okay because there was "blood" (a Frey) involved? If Deacon isn't part of it anymore, is that enough to stop Henley/Azoff?
    Oh I donít think Don cares at this point...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the (real) Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016


  8. #108
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,804

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Can Otis sing ? Maybe he plans on Otis taking Deacon's place. As crazy as it sounds(and I know it's crazy), I would not but anything past them. And Austin, nor would I be surprised if just Vince tours after Deacon leaves. The fans are use to him now, and from various posts on Eagles FB pages, many fans consider Vince an Eagle now.

    How old is Otis now - 16 or 17. I guess he must be tutored to be on the tour with them. Shun, what did Otis say in his interview. I notice he closed his Instagram account.
    I donít think so NKIT but I donít know for sure.

    The idea that some might consider Vince an Eagle makes me all kinds of queasy! So icky to me.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the (real) Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016


  9. #109
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,804

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I saw an interview(print) years ago with Bob where he said he let Chevy use his song because his Dad had worked at GM as an engineer.
    Very cool. Yeah Detroit is GM town for sure.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the (real) Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNOEAGLES

    RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016


  10. #110
    Stuck on the Border WalshFan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,804

    Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I know Don said he wouldn't continue the "Eagles" without "blood," but Don says a lot of things. The possibility of such statements becoming "foolish consistencies" always hangs in the air.

    I don't think Don will look for anyone else. Here's what I think: Deacon was invited, at least in part, to win over any reticent fans who they feared wouldn't come without Glenn there. They realize now most fans have no problem attending a show without Glenn. Now they can feel free to continue without Deacon, and without a "blood" replacement.
    Agree entirely with you Soda. I always thought Deacon was the bait in a way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •