Review of last night's concert in Vegas along with a set list:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...d2V?li=BBnbhK0

Timothy sang "Tequila Sunrise".

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Review of last night's concert in Vegas along with a set list:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...d2V?li=BBnbhK0

Timothy sang "Tequila Sunrise".

Thanks, CAinOH. I wish I could have been there.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the research, CA.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for that, CA.

One can hope that they are finally done going out as "Eagles" after this run of Vegas HC shows.

Deacon is going to be (thankfully) moving on, and I think it's time to put this baby to bed, Don! I really hope he doesn't try to go out with Vince and keep doing shows. If he does, one could take his whole "blood" comment and realize it wasn't worth the paper it was wrote on. Hopefully he'll do the right thing here and call it quits. But he's certainly gone back on his word before, so who knows. Nothing will surprise me anymore when it comes to Don Henley and the 3.0 band. If he came out and said they were going to tour with Big Bird from Sesame Street I probably wouldn't bat an eye at this point and I'd likely believe it.

Until proven otherwise, they will keep playing shows - even without Deacon Frey. And my gut tells me they won't try and add another singer. They'll split the GF vocals between Vince and Timothy. I think Timothy singing Tequila Sunrise was a test - to see if he could do it so that when Deacon leaves, they can keep the cash cow alive as long as possible. It's plain as the nose on his face. No doubt in my mind that it was to see if Timothy could do some Glenn material so that when Deacon does leave (good on Deacon!), they can continue. They'll move Vince to center stage and have him start singing more rockers like AG, and give Timothy some more of the softer vocal stuff. It's not too far fetched at this point to ponder this. If someone believes Don Henley's word verbatim at this point - I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for you.

Don Henley: Great songwriter? Check. Great vocalist with one of the best voices in rock history? Check. Someone you can trust or rely on if your life depended on it? Not a chance! Sorry Don, but I've been burned by your "word" too many times. I'm not saying you are an outright pathological liar, but you are a revisionist at best, misguided at worst when it comes to your decision making and changing your mind to fit. I think you are too easily won over by dollars waving in your face and Irving on your door. I think self-control is perhaps not one of his strong suits where money gets involved in his decision making/doing what's right. Irving Azoff is manipulative and greedy, I have no doubt. But that's still no excuse IMO. He manages you. You don't manage him. He's working for you, not vice versa. Although it doesn't seem that way. You can tell him to kick rocks now and again and if he values you as a client, he's not going to drop you and go sulk in the corner. He'll realize that his manipulative strategies and monies offered doesn't penetrate you.

Even though our music tastes are likely polar opposites, I'm very interested and curious what Deacon will be pursuing after he leaves the Eagle nest. He may not do music. It may be acting or something else entirely. Whatever it is, I wish him well and I also congratulate him on his decision. I think it is one that will serve him well. If he does pursue music, certainly his Eagles experience will pay off for him. I still think one should work their way up the ladder and not get started at the top as an easy way in, but regardless having that time under his belt will make other endeavors a lot more fruitful and likely to be taken seriously.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Woah! I sure must have missed something. How in the world did that happen? When did Deacon announce that he wouldn't be continuing with the band after the Vegas shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Woah! I sure must have missed something. How in the world did that happen? When did Deacon announce that he wouldn't be continuing with the band after the Vegas shows?
    It was on his Instagram stories a couple months ago on his official account. He was doing a Q&A/ask me anything type thing. He said he was done after Vegas. I think there was a comment in a thread here talking about it. I first heard about it on a Facebook group by someone who had screenshotted it, and then I went over to Deacon's Instagram Stories and saw it.

He and Otis (who is now like the Eagles social media person, lol) are very active on that app.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks for setting me straight, Austin. I have been really busy lately, but I still don't know how that news escaped me. I so hope that the guys will hang this up, and pursue other options, but I fear you could be right.

I can't say much because I'm on my phone, but I truly hope they're done and move on with this, but I agree with Austin, having Timothy do Tequila Sunrise could have been a trial run.

I almost read a review of the show but couldn't bring myself to do it. The Hotel California album without Glenn (or, frankly, Felder) is something I have no interest in.

Stuck on the Border

Timothy won't sing a Randy song, but he will sing a Glenn song? Perhaps he can now sing TITTL since Glenn had been singing it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I missed that about Deacon quitting too!

I really hope the band hangs it up. I hope they go and do their own thing rather that keep this up. I don't know though, money talks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten