Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

Default Re: Eagles to perform Hotel California in its entirety

It could be like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - four people to a bed!

(One person sleeps in a chair lol)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

And... another show!

Due to overwhelming demand, a third and final show has been added on Saturday, October 5, at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV, featuring the Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill - performing their iconic album “Hotel California” in its entirety for the first time in the band’s career plus an additional set of the band’s greatest hits. These three concerts are the only North American performances for the Eagles this year. Tickets go on sale to the general public Fri, 6/14 at 10am PT. American Express Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Monday, 6/10 at 10am PT. A limited number of LaneOne Premium Packages will also be available. Packages include amazing seats in the first 3 rows, hotel accommodations, exclusive hospitality events, transportation, preferred entrance and more.

Gotta scrape up more money any way they can! Oops, I'm sorry - I meant keep the music alive. Or was it "for their healing". Or perhaps "because we want to please our fans". Or any of those fabricated reasonings! I lose track how many reasons they and the 3.0 supporters have given. They keep coming up with more all of the time. How about pick one and stick with it, lol. It looks less desperate that way. It doesn't seem like you are grasping for straws to validate this. Because some of us aren't going to believe anything that comes out of Don Henley. He's proven we need to take his "word" with a large grain of salt. I'm not saying he's an outright pathological liar and hypocrite (he may or may not be), but at best, he tends to go back on what he's said a lot and that he's a revisionist when it suits him in any way. Trust has to be earned. And he's lost mine for just not being reliable or believable when he gives his word or when he gives reasons for what he does. Again, at best he's very wishy-washy and I prefer to not be disappointed. Consistency isn't one of Don's strong suits. And I think I would trust just about anyone before I'd trust Irving Azoff. I think he's a greedy, manipulative man who will do anything to make a quick buck. It's sad.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It'll be interesting to see how many dates this morphs into? I wonder if there'll be a 6th and final show or a 10th and final show?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've noticed that several bands I follow do this - announce a few shows in a big city, then announce more a bit later because of "overwhelming demand." Gee, I'm starting to think those extra shows were planned all along!

Just one more marketing ploy.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Absolutely Dreamer and Soda. My thoughts exactly.

Aerosmith did that recently with their Vegas MGM Grand residency. You can't tell me that wasn't planned. It honestly probably wouldn't be that easy to prepare and announce another show so quickly. My guess is they knew they were going to do more from the get go and want to "surprise" people by building hype. I think Don and Co are doing the same. They are having to resort to one of the oldest tricks in the book to keep the machine well greased and oiled. And as long as people are giving in and going, they have no reason to stop. I mean, other than having a good conscious. Other than that, as long as people keep rewarding their bad behavior, nothing will change. I fully expect them to go on for as long as Don Henley is vertical. There is no farewell or "see us while you can before we call it quits", etc. They have "motivation" to keep going.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I wonder if Vince and Deacon will be signing copies of the album. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I wonder if Vince and Deacon will be signing copies of the album. 😄
    OMG Chaim. I would have a "come apart" if they did that. Let's hope not. That would put me over the edge, lol. The feathers would fly big time.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lol Austin!

Bob Seger is doing his "final" tour and has just announced more dates! Follows along with everyone else, I guess! He is going to be very close to me though, so I hope we can get some decent tickets. I really want to see him one more time! (I've only seen him once.)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

That's one time more than myself, Brooke. Boy do I regret not seeing Bob Seger a few times back in the day.