Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting April 17: Desperado Survivor Game

Default Re: Starting April 17: Desperado Survivor Game

I know this isn't your favorite Eagles' album, Austin... but I put this album on yesterday while I was at work. (And I was the only one there, so, believe me, it was up loud.) The words, Austin! Listen to the words!

"When you got no life to live, then there's nothin' left to lose."

"Two voices call to you from where they stood. Lay down your law books now, they're no damn good."

"If you're fast, and if you're lucky... you will never see that hanging tree."

"Like graveyards full of tombstones, waitin' for the names."

Then the whole head-full of images that is Desperado.

And that whole Doolin-Dalton/Deperado Reprise... perfect!

Of course, Austin... your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I know this isn't your favorite Eagles' album, Austin... but I put this album on yesterday while I was at work. (And I was the only one there, so, believe me, it was up loud.) The words, Austin! Listen to the words!

"When you got no life to live, then there's nothin' left to lose."

"Two voices call to you from where they stood. Lay down your law books now, they're no damn good."

"If you're fast, and if you're lucky... you will never see that hanging tree."

"Like graveyards full of tombstones, waitin' for the names."

Then the whole head-full of images that is Desperado.

And that whole Doolin-Dalton/Deperado Reprise... perfect!

Of course, Austin... your mileage may vary.
    Just not my kind of music, CA. It's cool though, I definitely think it is a masterpiece, but not for me.

I'm a classic rock uptempo "fun" song guy. I don't really look for a lot of lyrical depth, admittedly. I like fun songs and I love banging my head to a good rocker now and then. I like some hair metal too.

An example of some of my favorite bands:

Eagles (in their later 70s period)
    The Rolling Stones
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Led Zeppelin
    The Who
    Guns N' Roses
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Van Halen
    The Beatles (especially their harder edged material)

I like that raw rock edge. Sometimes sloppy, but just drenched with rock n' roll cool swagger! hehe. Really the lighter bands I listen to would be Eagles, Journey, and Fleetwood Mac as just some examples.

I'm a rocker. The soft country rock stuff doesn't do it for me. I'm also not into western stuff or cowboys or gunfighting. I'm not an outdoorsy type. I would be bored to death watching a Clint Eastwood flick. So the concept that is the Desperado album is lost on me. Hotel California, while it has some softer moments, captures more what I'm into. Which is that mainstream AOR rock sunset strip excess thing. I like to live vicariously through songs that resemble things I'm not or don't do. I'm actually a pretty mellow person but Keith Richards is my spirit animal. I went and got my left ear pierced when I got into the Stones and I've got a guitar tattoo on my left upper arm. It's funny, because I'm such an introvert and recluse but in my mind I'm some washed up, been around the block rockstar who still thinks it's 1976. Hahaha!

My favorite song on this album is Out Of Control, which kind of captures that attitude that I like, which you later heard on songs like James Dean. Rock n' roll appeals to my rebellious side that is always there.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this album! Can't wait for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Just not my kind of music, CA. It's cool though, I definitely think it is a masterpiece, but not for me.
    Then your mileage varies, Austin. Perfectly all right.

Now, did you say you have a vote up for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Then your mileage varies, Austin. Perfectly all right.

Now, did you say you have a vote up for sale?
    Sure, give me your best offer and I’ll put it in the hat with Dreamer and Brooke’s offers and we’ll see!

Border Troubadour

Can't wait for this, my favourite Eagles album and one of my favourites by anyone ever. Should be good!