Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
Yes, it's a young man's song with lots of energy but I'm not keen on the distortion.
Haha, that's what I love about it! But I'm a rock n' roll fan, not a smooth country-rock fan. I'm a headbanger, lol. I love big distorted guitars like AC/DC or Guns N' Roses.

It seems to me there are at least two camps of Eagles fans - those who love the vocal harmonies, smooth early country rock sound who like lyrical depth and storytelling and more softer sounds. They tend to love traditional country music or soft rock. They don't care for big bombastic rebellious rock and roll with loud guitars. Then there are those who love that big guitar band sound of the later period where it was more akin to the Stones or Aerosmith and love that raw rock n' roll energy and are more classic AOR rock fans who think listening to the Byrds or Merle Haggard would be a pretty uncomfortable experience. I'm in the latter group, lol. I like country, but the newer stuff that doesn't sound like classic country. It's more either rock based or RNB/EDM/Pop based. That I like. More of the Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean/Thomas Rhett stuff.