Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

CONGRATS TO THE DOOLIN-DALTON / DESPERADO REPRISE!

Well-deserved!

This cool vid has some of the photos and footage from the album shoot set to the song (and a few of the real guys to boot):

Note - this is Doolin-Dalton as well as the Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yes, Congratulations to Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, a very worthy winner, and finally making it to the top of the Desperado Survivor heap.

I may be wrong, but is this the first time that a true non-hit song has won an album survivor contest?
    I remember that DDDR won the underrated song survivor contest a while back, but it seems that it is almost always the main hits that win these album contests.

Anyway, great win, getting some of the respect it deserves. It always bothered me that the band themselves never quite gave the Reprise a place of honor in concert (that is, it should ALWAYS follow sometime after Desperado is played). Even when it was played in concert, it was usually early in the set (often following Doolin-Dalton), then was not played in concert for many years. I was very glad to see them bring it back for the HOTE shows, but even then, it was played out of order (It just doesn't make any sense to play the Reprise and BEFORE Desperado). With all the years they featured Desperado as the closer, you would think that at some point, they would have added on the Reprise to the end of the show. How incredible would that have been, just as Desperado is fading out and the audience going wild, the notes of DDDR starts up and builds to an even more dramatic concert conclusion. Just once I wish they would have done that, and I was hoping it would have been during the HOTE tour. Oh Well, I guess that was just my own personal dream.
    BBKron

Check out my music blog, the BB Chronicles at http://bbchron.blogspot.com

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And a huge CONGRATS to the D-D/Desperado Reprise. This game didn't go my way most of the time, but I am very happy with the final outcome. As I said earlier, I've been trying to get this results for years.

And thanks for the video, Soda. As far as I know, the band never performed either Doolin-Dalton or the reprise by themselves. I believe they were always performed together. I'll never forget that first HOTE show in Louisville. We, of course, didn't know the setlist since it was the opening show of the tour. When they played the songs, I literally had tears streaming down my face. I didn't think I would ever get the chance to see them live. I teared up every single time they played it during the tour.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by BBKron View Post
    Yes, Congratulations to Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, a very worthy winner, and finally making it to the top of the Desperado Survivor heap.

I may be wrong, but is this the first time that a true non-hit song has won an album survivor contest?
    I remember that DDDR won the underrated song survivor contest a while back, but it seems that it is almost always the main hits that win these album contests.
    I have a bad memory, but I do think this is the only one that has pulled it out. It has, however, one more than one Survivor, as you've noted.

I'm just so freaking grateful I got to hear this live. Like Dreamer, I literally cried. So moving, so incredible.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I felt the same way when I heard Those Shoes on the HOTE tour. Those Shoes is more my kind of music, but the feeling was the same. I was just so excited to hear it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."