Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Oh my - This game just keeps getting worse. lol I absolutely love Out of Control - the song stands alone as the most rockin' energetic song on this album. Glenn attacks this one with such reckless abandon that it makes my head spin. This round is not over by a long shot, so if you want to save Out of Control, we can't afford to split the votes. So here I go again ... let's ban together and save this rockin' song ...

SAVE OUT OF CONTROL!!!

VOTE FOR SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

So to make it official ...

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Just dropped by the site after being away for a very long time, and saw that you were in the process of a Desperado Survivor, so had to check that out. Desperado is my favorite Eagles album, and one of my very favorite albums of all-time.

But then I was dismayed to see that in the first 3 rounds, 3 of the best songs on the album have already been eliminated. What?
    I know that it is hard to choose any songs to be eliminated from this album, because every song is great, there really are no 'weak' songs here. But still, both of Bernie's great songs were first 2 to go? Really?

Bitter Creek - Bernie's best song, and THE underrated gem of the album. Just so cool. My pick for best song on the album.

Twenty-One - Great bluegrass-inspired banjo tune. Fun, positive, upbeat ditty that perfectly sets the stage for the downward spiral that plays out through the rest of the album.

Certain Kind of Fool - Randy's best song. A Classic.

Again, although no weak songs here, I would have selected Saturday Night, Outlaw Man, and Out of Control (in that order) before any of those three already eliminated. Anyway, having been through these Survivor games before, I know that's just how these things go. Everyone has their own personal favorites and preferences, and it's all good music, always interesting, (and fun? - well not always).

Ok, so moving forward, for this round, I would have to say that I select:

Saturday Night for elimination.
    BBKron

Check out my music blog, the BB Chronicles at http://bbchron.blogspot.com

Border Troubadour

Out of Control

Oh, this is so close between Saturday Night and Out Of Control. I'm almost to the flippin' a coin situation...

Okay, if I don't post this now, I'm likely to forget or not get back in time. After some consultation with another fan, I've decided to vote for... but this is so hard to do...

I'm voting for Saturday Night.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I love both of these songs so its a hard one to call. After listening to both again today (I love setting myself homework- Lol) reluctantly I have decided to vote off Saturday Night. I just love Glenn 's gutsy vocals on OOC so would love to see it survive just a little bit longer
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: Results for Round Four

The next song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Saturday Night. “Saturday Night”, the tribe has spoken, and you lose this fight. We didn’t choose you and now you must swallow your pride. It may seem like a bad dream, but tell us, oh tell us, are you alright? Whatever happened, there is no time to pass because it’s time for you to leave the island.

Votes
    Saturday Night – 8
    Out of Control – 5
    Doolin-Dalton – 1

Vote Breakdown
    Saturday Night – scottside
    Saturday Night – New Kid In Town
    Saturday Night– sodascouts
    Saturday Night – WalshFan88
    Saturday Night – Ive always been a dreamer
    Saturday Night – BBKron
    Saturday Night – CainOH
    Saturday Night – Glennsallnighter
    Out of Control – YoungEaglesFan
    Out of Control – groupie2686
    Out of Control – shunlvswx
    Out of Control – UndertheWire
    Out of Control – thelastresort
    Doolin-Dalton – Out of Control

Songs Eliminated
    Twenty-One 4/19
    Bitter Creek 4/21
    Certain Kind of Fool 4/23
    Saturday Night 4/25

Songs Remaining
    Doolin-Dalton
    Out of Control
    Tequila Sunrise
    Desperado
    Outlaw Man
    Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

I vote for out of control. I think it’s time. The other songs are simply better in my opinion
    Last edited by YoungEaglesFan; 04-25-2019 at 11:21 PM.

These are all great songs, but

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man, primarily because it is the only song on the album composed entirely by someone outside the band. So in a sense, it is a bit less of an 'Eagles' song, and although theirs is the definitive 'classic' version, it still is basically a cover of singer-songwriter David Blue's original version of Outlaw Man. That does not diminish the song in any way, but that is enough to send it away before the rest of the other classic Eagles songs left in play, as far as I'm concerned.
    BBKron

Check out my music blog, the BB Chronicles at http://bbchron.blogspot.com

Well- I'm happy that things finally went my way in this game. I really am glad that Out of Control survived the last round and I hope it stays around for a while longer. I totally disagree that all of the other remaining songs are better. I think this song deserves to hang around because it is the lone song that has what I call the 3 R's - it's raw, raunchy, and rockin'. Glenn gives this song his all with the energetic and passionate delivery that sets it apart from many of the other songs on the album.

However, at this point, the game is really hard. This is such a great album and I think all the songs are strong. So, I'll buy into B
    BKron's argument about Outlaw Man. Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but I love 'em all so this is as good a reason as any. I'll join in to try to save Out of Control ,,,

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.