Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those Were the Days: Early Eagles Concert Remembrances

Border Rebel

Default Re: Those Were the Days: Early Eagles Concert Remembrances

Hi Brooke. Yes, they must have come from scalpers. I looked up the concert in the St. Louis Dispatch and the ticket prices were $7 and $8. The concert was on November 23 there and I had seen them the night before in Indy on the 22nd at Market Square Arena. The tickets were $7.50 and $8.50, a big price jump from the previous year at $5.50. Of course that one had been festival seating.

It was much easier to attend concerts living just 20 minutes away from several venues in Indy. I could take concerts much more for granted than someone who actually had to drive several hours to attend a concert.

I looked up a review for your concert and the reviewer had this to say about Raandy's performance of TITTL- "His voice soared and the background vocals helped him get there. It was really well performed and thecrowd reaction was instantaneous, long and loud--so long in fact, that he told the crowd it was embarrassing him, and he really looked as if it were."
    Also this- "The group introduced 2 songs from its soon-to-be released Hotel California album, including the title track and Wasted Time. Perhaps on further listenings the songs will be impressive. But on the first time around they left something to be desired."

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    I looked up a review for your concert and the reviewer had this to say about Raandy's performance of TITTL- "His voice soared and the background vocals helped him get there. It was really well performed and thecrowd reaction was instantaneous, long and loud--so long in fact, that he told the crowd it was embarrassing him, and he really looked as if it were."
    Also this- "The group introduced 2 songs from its soon-to-be released Hotel California album, including the title track and Wasted Time. Perhaps on further listenings the songs will be impressive. But on the first time around they left something to be desired."
    Aw, what a sweet quote about Randy. Didn't Glenn call the response to Randy doing TITTL "mass hysteria" or something like that? I wish he hadn't been so embarrassed it!

But LOL at the review of the HC songs. Yes, they would indeed become impressive.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hi Brooke. Yes, they must have come from scalpers. I looked up the concert in the St. Louis Dispatch and the ticket prices were $7 and $8. The concert was on November 23 there and I had seen them the night before in Indy on the 22nd at Market Square Arena. The tickets were $7.50 and $8.50, a big price jump from the previous year at $5.50. Of course that one had been festival seating.

It was much easier to attend concerts living just 20 minutes away from several venues in Indy. I could take concerts much more for granted than someone who actually had to drive several hours to attend a concert.

Lol, MM! I have a note from my journal that I kept for that night that they played a couple new songs that night and one was California Hotel!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - y'all are just making me !!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you for finding this nugget and posting it, My My. That sounds just like sweet Randy.

I wonder if the reviewer ever learned to love those two songs that “left something to be desired”

And Brooke- “California Hotel” - love it, LOL.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A friend of mine found this yearbook recounting of an Eagles concert which took place on the campus of Louisiana State University, November 5, 1976. Somebody threw something at Randy (who would do that?!) and it hit him on the side of his face. He finished the song but was understandably upset and probably in pain. Poor Randy!

https://imgur.com/a/ZMSROVB

Border Troubadour

What a cracking find that is. Love little bits and pieces like that - sometimes they tell you a lot more than any interview or documentary ever can!

Great find!!! Love this kind of stuff!👍

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks NMB. Well - thank goodness for the good ole days - if Randy had reciprocated like that in this day and time, he probably would be sued.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Great find! As for someone throwing stuff... well, it was at LSU. Having attended football games with drunk LSU students, I can say... it's not that surprising. lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten