Thread: The way things have to be

Default The way things have to be

I’ve been listening to Felder’s new album and I listened to “The Way things Have to be” and I love that song. I think it’s different for him to write a piano ballad but I think it’s actually really good. His voice works great for the song. I love the melody and the background instrumentation of the song. It can be a little kid like in the chorus in terms of the melody and lyrics (in my opinion) but overall I think it’s a great song from him. How do you guys feel about it?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: The way things have to be

Listened to it when I saw this thread. After reading the words "piano ballad" I didn't except much, because so often I find them very lame and not genuinely moving. And especially since it's a rock guitarist we're talking about, my expectations were not high.

But that was a genuinely beautiful song. I didn't pay attention to every line in the lyric, but what I heard was so much above the "ordinary average" piano ballad. Great melodies as well. Very good. I actually had an emotional experience listening to it. It wasn't just "nice and well done".

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Listened to it when I saw this thread. After reading the words "piano ballad" I didn't except much, because so often I find them very lame and not genuinely moving. And especially since it's a rock guitarist we're talking about, my expectations were not high.

But that was a genuinely beautiful song. I didn't pay attention to every line in the lyric, but what I heard was so much above the "ordinary average" piano ballad. Great melodies as well. Very good. I actually had an emotional experience listening to it. It wasn't just "nice and well done".
    Thats funny because I read the same thing from a review of the album and felt the need to listen to it. I immediately loved it. I think it’s a impressive piece of work for Don.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree - I like the song too. I listened to three of the songs from the album on YouTube and liked them all. Honestly, I'm still not a big fan of the vocals though. However, IMHO, all three of the songs are far superior to anything on Road To Forever. I'm not a fan of that album at all. I wish Don luck and hope this album does well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border BerniesSurfboard's Avatar

The lyrics are nice, but the vocals are a little rough. I wonder if he would be more served in collaborating with a real vocalist. I do think this album is better than his last solo attempt though.