Thread: Don Felder - Classic Rock Magazine - May 2019

Out on the Border RushFanForever's Avatar

Default Don Felder - Classic Rock Magazine - May 2019

A new article/interview with Don Felder from the May 2019 issue of Classic Rock magazine posted here to read.

Click the 'green right arrow' to scroll right to read the entire article/interview.

I've been following Don's press promotion regarding his new album 'American Rock 'n' Roll', especially with the appearance of RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson.

As well Don has mentioned in interviews that he's friend's with RUSH drummer Neil Peart as well.

Default Re: Don Felder - Classic Rock Magazine - May 2019

Thanks for the link! We do typically post all the articles in the Press thread though, just for future reference.

Oh my gosh, that 1976 photo in this article is HOT, and I don't think I've seen that particular version of it before.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

He flat out refuses to talk about the point where it all started to go wrong with the band. “Let’s keep it bright,” he says tersely.
    I LOVED seeing this in this article.

Finally he is starting to learn to say no. We don't need the details about how he was unfairly fired and desperately asked for his job back or how terrible Glenn was to him (which was all his own doing, Glenn was 100% in the right), etc or that 'he's tried to reach out but just hears from lawyers" or that he wishes he and Glenn could have had a beer and buried the hatchet. He's actually telling these journalists, "hey, let's not go there and beat a dead horse for the 506th time in a row". I think that is a new thing for Felder and maybe we'll see the end of him whining about it and talking about the same things over and over and instead reflect on the good times in the Eagles, and more importantly focus on being Don Felder, the guitarist. Because that's all he ever was. He can talk about his solo music and keep it positive and drama-free.

Who knows, maybe he's been reading posts here and thinking about it. I sense he might have turned a new leaf. Maybe I'm too optimistic. But I'm hoping that we can move past "the gods" and "lawyers".
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I LOVED seeing this in this article.

Finally he is starting to learn to say no. We don't need the details about how he was unfairly fired and desperately asked for his job back or how terrible Glenn was to him (which was all his own doing, Glenn was 100% in the right), etc or that 'he's tried to reach out but just hears from lawyers" or that he wishes he and Glenn could have had a beer and buried the hatchet. He's actually telling these journalists, "hey, let's not go there and beat a dead horse for the 506th time in a row". I think that is a new thing for Felder and maybe we'll see the end of him whining about it and talking about the same things over and over and instead reflect on the good times in the Eagles, and more importantly focus on being Don Felder, the guitarist. Because that's all he ever was. He can talk about his solo music and keep it positive and drama-free.

Who knows, maybe he's been reading posts here and thinking about it. I sense he might have turned a new leaf. Maybe I'm too optimistic. But I'm hoping that we can move past "the gods" and "lawyers".
    I agree that would be very refreshing.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016