Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Vintage 1970's Concert DVD of The Eagles!

Out on the Border

Default New Vintage 1970's Concert DVD of The Eagles!

Hello all again! I just wanted to let everyone here know a new 1970's video concert that I have acquired. It is a 1980 master DVD! The concert itself is the same venue as the Houston 1976 very common bootleg. it is the summit, in Houston, on 2/5/80. It was shown in the official doc when they were introducing Timothy! All Eagles fans know how exquisitely rare 1980 is and how it has not existed on video until now. Below I will add the amazingly long setlist. (It is amazing)

Setlist - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagle...-63c12653.html

Border Troubadour

Default Re: New Vintage 1970's Concert DVD of The Eagles!

Long Run-era Eagles footage is the rarest commodity known to mankind so it's good to know the fabled HOTE footage actually has a lot more to it. How did you come across it out of interest? And more to the point, where do I get it?

Out on the Border

I found the original guy who stole it. He is the same guy who found Houston 76 originally. The 1980 one is actually even better quality than seattle and houston 76. It is very professionally recorded!

I'm so jealous! I've looked for Long Run-era footage for years.

I’ve wondered whatever happened to the original recordings of those Seattle/Houston shows. The footage seen on YT seems to be a couple of generations from the originals based on the quality.

Anyway, very cool to know that 1980 concert recording exists intact and that it’s from the Summit (for some reason I had the impression it was an outdoor show based on the snippet from the HOTE doc).

Any plans to upload it to YT or elsewhere, vShiloh? Just asking...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border

To those wondering if they can see it, I plan to share the whole shows audio. As it would be a new soundboard, I will also share some of the more rare songs on youtube such as King of hollywood and the sad cafe. If anyone is interested in my YT channel which already has some rare things on it, click this link and drop me a sub! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBa...THqezeAEs_N7eA

Quote Originally Posted by vshiloh View Post
    To those wondering if they can see it, I plan to share the whole shows audio. As it would be a new soundboard, I will also share some of the more rare songs on youtube such as King of hollywood and the sad cafe. If anyone is interested in my YT channel which already has some rare things on it, click this link and drop me a sub! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBa...THqezeAEs_N7eA

Aside from the audio, could you also share the video to King of Hollywood?

Out on the Border

I will most likely share the video to king of hollywood as well

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

When you say the original guy "stole it" - from who? The Eagles? The venue? Just curious.

Out on the Border

He stole it from the venue back in 1981 when they were categorizing tapes by band. He found a moment when no one was looking and stole Houston 76 and 80, it's pretty much the same story as the new zealand 95 show, that also was a stolen tape. He's only ever shared the 76 one. I am the only person he's sharing the 1980 one with and I can't believe 1980 exists on video. It is pristine and very historical