Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Vegas Hotel California 3 nights Oct 2019

Default Eagles in Vegas Hotel California 3 nights Oct 2019

The Hotel California shows in Vegas. I really want to go see this but lm afraid to even look at the ticket prices. They added a 3rd show. I'm going to look into it. Is anybody going to this????

Default Re: Eagles in Vegas Hotel California 3 nights Oct 2019

I took a peek for you, girl. Read no further if you truly don't want to know.

For the recently added show, once fees are included (ticketmaster likes to hide the 20% of the ticket cost in fees they charge you from the advertised price), the cheapest standard ticket - the one in the very back in the rafters - costs $371. There are some obstructed view scalper tickets - oops, verified resale tickets - that are cheaper at $333 once fees are added, but you have to buy those as a pair, and you won't actually get to see them. But hey, it's all about the music, right!

The entire front half of the floor is over a grand, standard (not "verified resale" which is typically double standard price, give or take depending on demand). How much over a grand depends on how close it is, and whether or not it's in the side or the center section. There are more gradations the closer you get. The top VIP package, inclusive of a night at a hotel and some other goodies, was $7000 or so, if I recall from the other thread. The back of the floor and most of the first tier is $649 once you include fees. The first tier closer to the stage gets higher, though; it starts at $909 for the back row and $2788 for the first row. That's standard, not resale.

So I think that about covers it.

That would be an expensive date. lol

Side note: Speaking of dates, I noticed that if there's two seats isolated together, even if it's not resale, they won't let you buy just one of them. That's new, to me at least. So if you're going alone, a lot of these seats aren't even available to you. I'm sort of relieved I'm not into this or, as a single person, I would be really pissed off. That's the kind of crap you pull when you're afraid you won't be able to sell the remaining ticket if it's a single seat. Surely they don't need to worry about that?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's the kind of crap you pull when you're afraid you won't be able to sell the remaining ticket if it's a single seat. Surely they don't need to worry about that?
    Bingo Soda. And I wouldn't be so sure, I think they definitely are at least somewhat concerned about that. These 3.0 dates haven't been doing all that well compared to HOTE and LROOE and I think they will try to use the "2 seat minimum" purchase requirement as a way to inflate their numbers when they say how many tickets they sold for the tour, as well as lining their pockets even more at the same time. Not cool.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Well it's even worse than l thought. I guess l wont be going. I'm just glad l got to the Oct show in NY. I got very good seats for about $360. But l was in 3rd row on the side by the backstage entrance. This is where l really like to sit, so l was happy with that. I also got to see Classic East show, but l think this will be it for me. If the do a DVD of the tour, l will get that,. I'm glad l got to see them with Deacon twice, but these Vegas shows are ridiculous prices.

Out on the Border

Default Is Eagles show in Vegas open to all ages?

Does anyone know if the MGM Grand Arena shows are open to all ages?
    Last edited by Carolyn; 06-25-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    Ask for what you want -- and be prepared to get it! ~ Maya Angelou

Default Re: Is Eagles show in Vegas open to all ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    Does anyone know if the MGM Grand Arena shows are open to all ages?
    Have you tried contacting the venue? That would be your safest bet for getting that info.

Also just FYI, there is already thread about these concerts.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ights-Oct-2019

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Bingo Soda. And I wouldn't be so sure, I think they definitely are at least somewhat concerned about that. These 3.0 dates haven't been doing all that well compared to HOTE and LROOE and I think they will try to use the "2 seat minimum" purchase requirement as a way to inflate their numbers when they say how many tickets they sold for the tour, as well as lining their pockets even more at the same time. Not cool.

The two Dublin dates are complete sellouts, a few isolated tickets on viagogo or stubhub but thats it. You can see it too because there are no radio stations having competetions to win them. They are like gold dust here in Ireland.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Side note: Speaking of dates, I noticed that if there's two seats isolated together, even if it's not resale, they won't let you buy just one of them. That's new, to me at least. So if you're going alone, a lot of these seats aren't even available to you. I'm sort of relieved I'm not into this or, as a single person, I would be really pissed off. That's the kind of crap you pull when you're afraid you won't be able to sell the remaining ticket if it's a single seat. Surely they don't need to worry about that?
    Wouldn't that be a decision made by the venue or promoter? They may be concerned that the 2 previous dates have already tapped out the market. I confess I don’t know how all this works exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    The two Dublin dates are complete sellouts, a few isolated tickets on viagogo or stubhub but thats it. You can see it too because there are no radio stations having competetions to win them. They are like gold dust here in Ireland.
    Indeed, GA, the two September shows in Vegas appear to be completely sold out, and it’s only June. It’s somewhat surprising considering how expensive the tickets are.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Interesting.

I think that the actual touring concerts over here in the States haven't done that well in comparison to previous tours, but perhaps it's different internationally. I think Vegas sold out for two reasons. One, the 2 seat minimum rule. Second, and more importantly, that people were already planning a trip to Las Vegas regardless, and decided to take it in, much like you'd take in Cirque du Soleil or David Copperfield or something while you're there. It was just another attraction for the people who could afford it. I highly doubt that people are traveling far and wide just for this diluted Eagles experience. It's a part of a bigger picture with a fancy hotel, broadway shows, gambling, food, spa, etc etc. My guess is that travel agents push these.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Wouldn't that be a decision made by the venue or promoter? They may be concerned that the 2 previous dates have already tapped out the market. I confess I don’t know how all this works exactly.
    They come to such arrangements ahead of time. It's a negotiation. The band suggests a certain number of dates and the venue agrees to them. What I find disingenuous is the implication that there was not a third date planned initially, and it was hastily added to the schedule because of demand. Think of the likelihood that both the band and the venue would even be able to logistically improvise like that! "Oh, how fortunate that we both just happen to have Monday open for that extra show that we need to add because of demand... It's not like of us run a tight schedule to maximize our profits...." And they do it again and again. To be fair, its not just this band that does this. I know Fleetwood Mac does it, too.

Indeed, GA, the two September shows in Vegas appear to be completely sold out, and it’s only June. It’s somewhat surprising considering how expensive the tickets are.
    Eh, I'm not surprised. I realize now that if it says "Eagles" on the ticket, most people will go. That's why I think they can tour indefinitely, no matter who they lose barring Don, and no matter what the members' vocal conditions.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten