Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagles in Vegas Hotel California 3 nights Oct 2019

Default Re: Eagles in Vegas Hotel California 3 nights Oct 2019

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think Vegas sold out for two reasons. One, the 2 seat minimum rule.
    Just to be clear: you can buy one seat as long as it doesn't leave a single seat isolated when you do so. In other words, if there's an empty seat on either side of a pair, you can't buy one of those seats; if there's three seats in a row available, you can't buy the one in the middle.*

It's a crap rule, because if the venue is truly gonna be a sell out, there's no reason for it. Why do I have less of a right to sit there because I don't have a date? As if single people don't have enough societal stigma and negative crap to deal with already. I say this not because I want to go, obviously, but just as a matter of principle.

Unless the band are seriously afraid that the two seats will not sell to two single people, there's no reason why those two single people don't deserve to be closer than John and Mary when they got there first. John and Mary can have their special moments further back, and next time, buy their tickets sooner.

*The other time you typically can't buy a single seat is when it's a "verified resale" ticket because those are essentially scalper tickets, but it's been that way for ages.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just to be clear: you can buy one seat as long as it doesn't leave a single seat isolated when you do so. In other words, if there's an empty seat on either side of a pair, you can't buy one of those seats; if there's three seats in a row available, you can't buy the one in the middle.*

It's a crap rule, because if the venue is truly gonna be a sell out, there's no reason for it. Why do I have less of a right to sit there because I don't have a date? As if single people don't have enough societal stigma and negative crap to deal with already. I say this not because I want to go, obviously, but just as a matter of principle.

Unless the band are seriously afraid that the two seats will not sell to two single people, there's no reason why those two single people don't deserve to be closer than John and Mary when they got there first. John and Mary can have their special moments further back, and next time, buy their tickets sooner.

*The other time you typically can't buy a single seat is when it's a "verified resale" ticket because those are essentially scalper tickets, but it's been that way for ages.
    Thanks for the clarification, soda!

And I agree - there is no reason to have that rule unless you are afraid. They are afraid, and it shows.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

They would not get away with charging what they are charging in Vegas for their European shows. The highest price in Dublin is front row at €800 ish (and that is the price you pay as theres no additional fees). Floor seating went from about €350-500. Remaining seats €250 ish and and nosebleeds about€100.
    Europeans don't really go for the whole VIP thing either, they just want to go to the show, but in this case to get floor seats you had to go VIP.
    This would be an arena of about 13,000 capacity.
    There were a lot of face value tickets on sale for the UK shows right up to the dates. Here seems to be sold out.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    They would not get away with charging what they are charging in Vegas for their European shows.
    That's why I suspect this will be their last tour there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

For anyone interested in attending the last concert in the U.S. this year: the first two nights are sold out. The October 5 date has about 300 tickets remaining along with a handful of VIP tickets.

https://eagles.com/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...