Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: Hotel California

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: Hotel California

Hmm...this is tough, I like both and I think they'd both deserve to win. However I think you've all convinced me, I'll go with New Kid in Town.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I just want to say that I'm happy that HC made it to the end, as it should have. The best song they ever did, IMO.

I'm personally torn. HC literally saved my life and it's my favorite. It's also the song I credit taking the Eagles to superstar status and being their best work. NKIT, on the other hand, has grown on me. I used to put it with Tequila Sunrise and Lyin' Eyes as a song I didn't really like or get but I really have grown to love it over the last couple years. It's not really country (thankfully), it's more of a soft rock thing and I DO actually like the lyrics and Felder's guitar work on the song. I also am tempted to vote out of respect for Glenn. But I'd be selling the song short saying that's the only reason I would be voting for it, as it deserves to win based on how good it is and I'd be voting for all of it's qualities, not only in remembrance of Glenn. While I don't love it quite as much as HC, I think it's made it's way into my top 5 Eagles songs and as a hard rock guy - that's saying something. It's also a song I think doesn't get enough love from people other than Eagles fans. It's not as big as Take It Easy or Hotel California.

The best two songs on the album made it to the end, IMO. Now I've got to make a decision. I will probably both shock some people by my choice, and maybe even upset others (because I've campaigned for the other song from the beginning) by my choice. I'm very happy with either song winning, and both deserve to be there. I've gotta go with my gut on this one, put the (potential) flame suit on, and go ahead and make my vote.

I vote for New Kid In Town for the win.
    I totally agree, it’s an underrated song outside of hardcore eagles fans. I’ve never heard it on the radio or in public. But its one of the best songs they ever did.

New Kid in Town to win!

Stuck on the Border

I vote for New Kid In Town for the win !
    Austin thank you for your thoughtful commentary on both songs. I am a little shocked -but I think this song is so underrated and amazing. It did not win the Grammy for nothing. I agree with YEF - the harmonies, the lyrics, the guitar fills and solo are all brilliant.

Stuck on the Border

New Kid in Town to win.

Border Troubadour

New Kid in Town

NEW KID IN TOWN for the win!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm voting New Kid in Town for the win. I love this song - great vocals by Glenn great harmonies, wonderful lyrics. Just love it!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I hate to do this, but I'm voting for New Kid IN Town.

I'm not voting for this song because its a Glenn song and its his only song on the album, but its one of my favorite Eagle songs and it ranks very high up there(like no. 1). I probably would had voted for this song no matter what. I love HC, but I love NKIT more.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, just WOW!

As much as I love NKIT I have to vote for Hotel California.

Obviously, it won't win now, but I feel it really should. HC made them in to the super group and is probably the most recognized song by the Eagles ever!

Austin, I really can't believe it!

And yes, I'm so glad this game lasted through today!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten