I think that it's true that those who go to see Don, especially when not as part of a bill with two better acts (like the recent Styx/REO/Don Felder tour last year or with Foreigner), they will be going to see him for his guitar playing. If you are going to a show to see HIM, by himself, you are going for his guitar playing. Or if you see a triple bill but are most excited to see him out of the 3 - you are going for his guitar skills.

However, if you are seeing him as an opener of other acts you are more excited for but are a fan of the Eagles music and vocals, but maybe don't know much or care about Felder's playing, you might be disappointed with his renditions of the tunes, vocally. That's what I'm saying. If you are seeing DF at your local theatre or opera house by himself with no other acts, you are definitely going for his guitar talents. You will likely walk away happy. But if you see him as an opener for other bigger acts, you are likely going to be disappointed if you are an Eagles fan and a fan of the great vocals of Glenn Frey and Don Henley.

I saw Felder as part of the REO and Styx tour. I was going more for REO and Styx. I've seen REO 3 times now, and Styx 2 times. So while I knew about his guitar playing and was excited, I had the other two acts to fall back on. And I did enjoy REO and Styx a lot more. However, if someone wasn't as excited about hearing Felder play but rather to hear those Eagles hit songs you might be pretty disappointed with his show.

Personally - regardless, when you are covering Eagles tunes as a professional band (not a weekend warrior bar band) - either a tribute band, or as former members, or on your solo shows - I hold those performances to a high standard. I want to hear those vocals done right and done well. I also want to hear the guitars played exact. I don't want to hear someone "try" to attempt Henley or Frey lead vocals.

The only way I'd go see Don Felder again in his current form is as the first act on a triple bill or as an opener for another artist. I wouldn't pay to see a show where it's only him. To each their own.