Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Don has announced 3 European shows. Here are the dates and locations:

Sept. 19 - Bush Hall, London, UK

Sept. 21 - Cafe de la Danse, Paris, France

Sept. 23 - Frannz Club, Berlin, Germany

https://www.donfelder.com/tour-dates
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Don Felder in Europe - September 2019

If he heads here too I might go
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Toying with the idea of the London one, would love to see him live but not sure I could put up with the inevitable, erm, interpretations of Eagles classics.

Don’s first ever solo concert in the U.K. is now sold out!

https://mobile.twitter.com/donfelder...007488/photo/1

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

I'm sure all 15 of the people in the sold out crowd are delighted

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I'm sure all 15 of the people in the sold out crowd are delighted
    LOL, TLR!

And I know what you mean about the "arrangements".

I saw Felder a couple years ago open for REO Speedwagon and Styx and I was front row. I absolutely loved hearing him play his classic guitar parts and tearing it up. But I think his vocals don't do him any favors. If he would get a singer, maybe even two - he might have one of the best tribute bands to the Eagles. His band can clearly play the tunes. He can still play the guitar as good as he ever did. But if he would just let his ego go for a bit and get a singer that can do it more authentic to the original songs - I think he'd be much better off. He just could never accept that he wasn't a good singer. Not in the Eagles in the Hotel California album period (trying to sing VOL), and not in 2019 in his own solo band. He thought he could do it all - write songs, sing great, and play great. He does one out of the three, and that's all. And that's perfectly fine. He is a master guitarist and he should be more confident about that and realize that it is totally fine to be able to play great and not be able to sing anything more than basic background vocals.

I probably wouldn't see him again unless someone else was singing, honestly. I always defended Felder saying he never used Auto-Tune but when you hear it up close and personal, it cannot be denied.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    LOL, TLR!

And I know what you mean about the "arrangements".

I saw Felder a couple years ago open for REO Speedwagon and Styx and I was front row. I absolutely loved hearing him play his classic guitar parts and tearing it up. But I think his vocals don't do him any favors. If he would get a singer, maybe even two - he might have one of the best tribute bands to the Eagles. His band can clearly play the tunes. He can still play the guitar as good as he ever did. But if he would just let his ego go for a bit and get a singer that can do it more authentic to the original songs - I think he'd be much better off. He just could never accept that he wasn't a good singer. Not in the Eagles in the Hotel California album period (trying to sing VOL), and not in 2019 in his own solo band. He thought he could do it all - write songs, sing great, and play great. He does one out of the three, and that's all. And that's perfectly fine. He is a master guitarist and he should be more confident about that and realize that it is totally fine to be able to play great and not be able to sing anything more than basic background vocals.

I probably wouldn't see him again unless someone else was singing, honestly. I always defended Felder saying he never used Auto-Tune but when you hear it up close and personal, it cannot be denied.
    I did toy with the idea of doing the London gig, I certainly could have gone had I wanted, but having seen clips of Felder's solo gigs over the last few years I decided not to for exactly the reason you state. I would love nothing more than to see Don play the opening lines of Hotel California and tear it up on all the other Eagles songs he played lead for, but I just cannot get along with him attempting to sing Don Henley's parts, or the butchered attempts at Seven Bridges Road or Peaceful Easy Feeling, songs he arguably has no natural right to cover at all (of course, he can play what he wants, but you get what I mean...). Yourself and the rest of the forum know how I feel about the latest incarnation of the Eagles and I want to keep my memories of songs seeing songs like Already Gone and Life in the Fast Lane as 'pure' as possible - for exactly the same reason I do not go and watch the current band live I cannot go and see Felder live.

I agree fully he would benefit from having someone who actually has natural vocal talents on board - his astounding talents on guitar (I have seen very few who play with such apparent ease) should be more than enough to make him the star of the show..

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I did toy with the idea of doing the London gig, I certainly could have gone had I wanted, but having seen clips of Felder's solo gigs over the last few years I decided not to for exactly the reason you state. I would love nothing more than to see Don play the opening lines of Hotel California and tear it up on all the other Eagles songs he played lead for, but I just cannot get along with him attempting to sing Don Henley's parts, or the butchered attempts at Seven Bridges Road or Peaceful Easy Feeling, songs he arguably has no natural right to cover at all (of course, he can play what he wants, but you get what I mean...). Yourself and the rest of the forum know how I feel about the latest incarnation of the Eagles and I want to keep my memories of songs seeing songs like Already Gone and Life in the Fast Lane as 'pure' as possible - for exactly the same reason I do not go and watch the current band live I cannot go and see Felder live.

I agree fully he would benefit from having someone who actually has natural vocal talents on board - his astounding talents on guitar (I have seen very few who play with such apparent ease) should be more than enough to make him the star of the show..
    Just to let you know, I did respond to this with a rather long winded and rant-y post, but I posted your quote and responded to it in the Don Felder Press thread. My reply wasn't specific to this tour so I went there.

Stuck on the Border

I feel like I want to defend Don (which may be a first). It's his name on the ticket and if he wants to sing, then it's his choice. Anyone who's doubtful about his singing can listen to the videos on youtube and make up his/her own mind. It's not as if anyone will go into the show with high expectations of his vocals, and he may be a safer option than someone who used to be a good singer but who can no longer reach the notes.

The London show is at a venue with a capacity of just 425, so my guess is this tour is about promoting the new album (and fitting in a a few rounds of golf?) rather than making money. It wouldn't even cover the air fares.