Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Bernie Speaks! A new interview with Mr. Leadon

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bernie Speaks! A new interview with Mr. Leadon

That album is Bernie's cash cow. I am not surprised he keeps track of the competition. The GH album has made it possible for Bernie to live comfortably and do whatever he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    TBH - it doesn't surprise me that Bernie would be informed about this stuff - it's called 'royalties'.
    Right! And not to trivialize his sizable contributions, but for his few years in such a long-lived band, he has been paid royally! He could "take it easy", and the checks kept/keep rolling in!
    I noted the interviewer said Bernie answered "most every question". Makes you wonder what he asked him!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    This week's segment is quite brief, just under 3 minutes, but Bernie talks about the best-selling albums of all time. I'm mildly surprised to hear that he knows (in general terms) the sales figures for the competition - he doesn't seem like the sort to keep track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Mtu35BvPg
    I'm thinking it's because it's such a huge deal to be the best-selling album of all time. I doubt he was obsessively keep track of sales figures all the way through his life, but when one day you get told that that your album is in the top five and still selling, you might start wondering if it would move up further... and you might start keeping an eye on the sales figures to see if and when that happened.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm thinking it's because it's such a huge deal to be the best-selling album of all time. I doubt he was obsessively keep track of sales figures all the way through his life, but when one day you get told that that your album is in the top five and still selling, you might start wondering if it would move up further... and you might start keeping an eye on the sales figures to see if and when that happened.
    I tend to agree. Very few people have ever been in the position Bernie or the other Eagles members are in as far as having the best-selling album in the U.S. For Bernie it may be just a matter of watching or reading the news whenever new sales figures gets published.